`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
JORDAN: 1997-98 Fleer Star Power Plus "SUPREME" question

JORDAN: 1997-98 Fleer Star Power Plus "SUPREME" question
Ok...anyone ever remmeber seeing anything like this on the Star Power SUPREME cards? I know what the actual SPS cards look like, but this version is the SPP with the gold stamp of "SUPREME" above the card number...
Any thoughts?

[Image: Jordan_6019.jpg]
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

RE: JORDAN: 1997-98 Fleer Star Power Plus "SUPREME" question
Um...If I'm correct that was the extremely rare parallel. Give ya $20 for it :-D
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(02-27-2012, 06:49 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Um...If I'm correct that was the extremely rare parallel. Give ya $20 for it :-D
Yes...the SUPREME is the ex.rare parallel...that looks like this below. But I have a variation of the SPP that is printed "SUPREME" in gold letters above the SPP number.
[Image: MJ97-98UltraStarPowerSupremeSPS1BGS9.jpg]

Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs

Its easier to tell from the front but from what I understand they came in three different versions. The Star Power which was purple on the front. Star Power Plus which is green on the front, and Star Power supreme, which are a whiteish gold on the front.

The Supreme version is one in 288 packs so thats a good find

(02-27-2012, 06:59 PM)libs021 Wrote: Its easier to tell from the front but from what I understand they came in three different versions. The Star Power which was purple on the front. Star Power Plus which is green on the front, and Star Power supreme, which are a whiteish gold on the front.

The Supreme version is one in 288 packs so thats a good find
True...and this I all know! MY question is why does this version of the SPP have the word "SUPREME" in gold! Another variation?

sorry didn't see your previous post, than maybe the supreme is someone trying to make a fake one??

I have two of the three cards from this parallel insert set and I will check to see if mine says Supreme on the back too.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

im not sure what you have here...looks like a lousey fake job someone tried on a star power plus if you ask me...i have never seen anything like this? hope u didnt spend alot on it!
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

probably fake then

I believe that probably came out of the bankruptcy filing from fleer when it went out of business. That was probably a test card that have since been release to the secondary market.