`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looks like I need to start selling my "USED" redemptions

RE: looks like I need to start selling my "USED" redemptions
When the buyer, who will try to redeem it, find out that they can't, they will ask for a refund.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

Well if there is something to what jacobclark said then maybe there is some collectibity to these. I don't see it but different things for different folks I guess. I'm a nice person and would have to issue a refund IF I were to sell one to someone not reading the description but I suppose the seller doesn't have to give a refund if he doesn't want to and it would be full proof since it's stated in the description twice that the card is used.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

(02-26-2012, 10:01 PM)bryandavidknight Wrote: I see where you are coming from and some of it is just that. Maybe someone would like to have the redemption card. I just don't see anyone wanting a used one that bad. The buyers are getting dumber and dumber on Ebay as I have been TRYING to sell an old phone and have in big letters US PAYPAL ONLY and still have sold it 5 times to people with no US Paypal. Just getting crazy now. This will be the 5th time I have listed it, last time I sent a second chance offer and it got accepted only to do the same thing. Guess I'm gonna have to email everyone who bids and make sure they have US Paypal.
bidders do not read the item descriptions, my auctions state clearly that i accept paypal only and i combine shipping. I am constantly getting winning bidders that don't use paypal and want to send payment in mail, and complain i don't combine the shipping.(all they have to do is read and save sellers from getting headaches)
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

(02-27-2012, 08:21 AM)ca4n6chuck Wrote: bidders do not read the item descriptions, my auctions state clearly that i accept paypal only and i combine shipping. I am constantly getting winning bidders that don't use paypal and want to send payment in mail, and complain i don't combine the shipping.(all they have to do is read and save sellers from getting headaches)
Dude, I know exactly how you feel. I've sold a phone 5 times to buyers that didn't read my BIG writing "US PayPal Only Please " .kinda sad.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

I'll chime in to say, I will buy any USED Ginter redemption for Autos or relics.

This is my thinking. I've bought/traded for two ginter relic redemptions in 2011. Total trade/spending value about $75.

I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that these are never going to be made, so I will get something that I have no interest in instead of what I paid $75 for.

Going forward, I am just going to try and buy the USED redemptions, that way if they are never made I have a place holder for the card, and if it does get made I will be out very little money and just buy the real one.

For example the people spending $100+ on McEnroe and Hope Sole autograph redemptions, I really hope you don't get Kyle Weiland autos in return.

I have no logical explanation for buying Harper used redemptions, but there is a small market for used redemptions.

There is a market for used and expired redemptions, though the price paid for that one seems high. There are some player collectors that want the redemption cards as part of their collection.
For those thinking about selling USED redemption cards it's a good idea to write USED or REDEEMED in both the title and description as the seller did. That way there is less potential for confusion.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/