`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Sox fans you will appreciate this Auto'd ball (Harry Agganis)

Red Sox fans you will appreciate this Auto'd ball (Harry Agganis)
I hardly knew my Grandfather b/c he died when I was young, but take a look at the ball he left me. I've thought about sending it off to get it PSA/DNA. LMK what you all think and I'd also like to get more information of the ball since it is not a regulation size ball. I do know the Nashville Vols were a minor league ball club and the Yankees and Red Sox visited a lot to play. Thanks for looking. (Apologize for the size the the pics, I took the pics with my phone and uploaded them to photobucket mobile)

Dale

[Image: 2012-02-25_20-51-39_649.jpg]
[Image: 2012-02-25_20-51-59_561.jpg]
[Image: 2012-02-25_20-52-23_639.jpg]
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

RE: Red Sox fans you will appreciate this Auto'd ball (Harry Agganis)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Agganis
considering he's been deceased since 1955, that seems like quite a find!
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

Yeah I was wondering if it could have been one of his last autographs

(02-25-2012, 11:42 PM)jimfalbo21 Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Agganis
considering he's been deceased since 1955, that seems like quite a find!

Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

Bump for the day people

Anyone??

(02-25-2012, 10:14 PM)dspainjr Wrote: I hardly knew my Grandfather b/c he died when I was young, but take a look at the ball he left me. I've thought about sending it off to get it PSA/DNA. LMK what you all think and I'd also like to get more information of the ball since it is not a regulation size ball. I do know the Nashville Vols were a minor league ball club and the Yankees and Red Sox visited a lot to play. Thanks for looking. (Apologize for the size the the pics, I took the pics with my phone and uploaded them to photobucket mobile)

Dale

[Image: 2012-02-25_20-51-39_649.jpg]
[Image: 2012-02-25_20-51-59_561.jpg]
[Image: 2012-02-25_20-52-23_639.jpg]
Hello, I'm a relative of Harry Agganis, would like to know more about this ball and wondering if u would be interested in selling it
Thank you

Wow! Really. I have contacted the Nashville Vols Archives and the only thing they can tell me is Harry did not play a game in Nashville, but there were some of these balls given out at games and they were either signed by major leaguers or Vols. I'm sure it is pretty rare since he did die in 1955. Do send me a msg and we can talk more.

(05-06-2012, 10:53 PM)Ghagg712 Wrote: Hello, I'm a relative of Harry Agganis, would like to know more about this ball and wondering if u would be interested in selling it
Thank you

(05-06-2012, 10:53 PM)Ghagg712 Wrote: Hello, I'm a relative of Harry Agganis, would like to know more about this ball and wondering if u would be interested in selling it
Thank you
harry played in the american association in 1953 for AAA louisville
not sure where your grandpa lived but there is a good chance that where ever harry signed that ball was at that time in either louisville or another team in that league.
would you be willing to sell this to me so i can add it to my collection and someday this ball will be donated to the sports museum of new england and boston university to be display for ever.

thanks for the response

Well actually the ball was signed in 1955 (the date of the ball). At that time he was with the Red Sox. My Grand Father lived in Nashville, TN at the time...usually the Nashville Vols would have exhibition games with major league clubs, but was told in 1955 the Red Sox did not visit. Send me a msg and we can talk about a price.

(05-07-2012, 06:15 PM)Ghagg712 Wrote: harry played in the american association in 1953 for AAA louisville
not sure where your grandpa lived but there is a good chance that where ever harry signed that ball was at that time in either louisville or another team in that league.
would you be willing to sell this to me so i can add it to my collection and someday this ball will be donated to the sports museum of new england and boston university to be display for ever.

thanks for the response

(05-07-2012, 07:48 PM)dspainjr Wrote: Well actually the ball was signed in 1955 (the date of the ball). At that time he was with the Red Sox. My Grand Father lived in Nashville, TN at the time...usually the Nashville Vols would have exhibition games with major league clubs, but was told in 1955 the Red Sox did not visit. Send me a msg and we can talk about a price.

interesting, he died june 1955. must have been on the road somewhere or during spring training. is this autograph authentic ? he would have have to signed that between feb-june of 55 season. sarasota fl was there spring training site, they played two games in milwakee then the season started.
they did play kc ,chi, cle, out that way but never nashville
how much would you sell it for