`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 New auto's Both from Passed away players

2 New auto's Both from Passed away players
Hey guys. Been working long and hard on my Dolphins auto PC.
Added 2 more today.
1 was a auto i picked up at least 6 months ago. I got i to make a cut auto well had it all but done then totaly changed it last second to this.
LMK what you think.
I made the cut myself. The auto is from Dolphins lineman Erick Laakso playd from 1978-84 died on X-mas day in 2010.
[Image: laaksoipautocut2-24-12.jpg]

Then this is the most i've paid for a card in about a year. Only ime i have seen his auto for trade and now thier is another one up as well. Oh well. No cert it was a IP auto and matched it up to a certified auto of his so i'm fairly confident its good.
Played w/ the dolphins from 1980-83then lost his starting job to some QB named Dan Marino.
He passed away in 2003 from a failed liver and kidney transplant from too much drinking.
[Image: woodleyautoip2-24-12.jpg]

Well thats it for now lmk what you think.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

RE: 2 New auto's Both from Passed away players
I like it. Creative. Never knew that about Marino's predecessor.

[Image: OuM7E.png]

1997 Ultra PLATINUM - 81.4% Complete (285/350)

*Hundreds and hundreds of trades completed here and elsewhere. Ah, the days of trading in AOL chat rooms and leaving feedback on eBay... But sure, I'll send first. lol ... Really, I don't mind. Smile

I really like the job you did on the cut auto. If you have time, can you go into some more detail about how you put it together?

Too bad about Woodley. I thought under different circumstances he could have had a longer career. I remember saving this picture from an online news article around the time he passed away. For some reason it was trippy for me to see a Dolphins QB with #16.

Thanks guys. That is a great pic of Woodley.

How i made the cut.
1st i looked for a pic i wanted to use for the background. then i scaned the auto before i cut it out. I resized it to be slightly smaller. I made a blank canvas in photoshop of the card size 3.5x2.5.
I placed the pic and then placed the auto where i wanted it.
I printed out the front and back on sticker paper. Then used 110lb cardstock as the middle piece. Wrote a little back for the back and then cut the auto front and back of the card. Then placed it all very carefully as you only get 1 real shot.

LMK if that helps.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

Great job on the cut auto!
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1