`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: Do you like COSTCO to sell cases?

RE: Do you like COSTCO to sell cases?
xarzy posted that costco will only carry retail. i hope not. so, marquettewade, what will be your say if you got a costco near you and they are selling hobby cases of your favorite sports/brands? of course, these will be sold in reasonable prices. plus, you get your case instantly. plmk and thank you.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(02-23-2012, 12:20 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: xarzy posted that costco will only carry retail. i hope not. so, marquettewade, what will be your say if you got a costco near you and they are selling hobby cases of your favorite sports/brands? of course, these will be sold in reasonable prices. plus, you get your case instantly. plmk and thank you.
If the prices are the same or less at CostCo and it is a hobby box/case, then yeah, I would buy them there. From the instant gratification standpoint, it makes sense. That being said, most of what I buy are singles, but I might be more inclined to buy boxes if they were instantly available. I have a LCS but as I have posted before his boxes are often, and usually, $10-$20 more than I can get online.
Smile 
(02-23-2012, 12:26 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: If the prices are the same or less at CostCo and it is a hobby box/case, then yeah, I would buy them there. From the instant gratification standpoint, it makes sense. That being said, most of what I buy are singles, but I might be more inclined to buy boxes if they were instantly available. I have a LCS but as I have posted before his boxes are often, and usually, $10-$20 more than I can get online.
Thank you, good reply. Smile

I think if they only sold retail cases it wouldn't really change the hobby much for two reasons. One, serious collectors only want hobby products. Two, the youngin who just wants to collect whatever isn't going to be able to convince his mom to buy him a case, even if they are well-priced. Maybe if they had full-size retail boxes for $20-$30 that might spark some interest since blasters seem to sell OK at retail places, but I doubt retail cases would do much at Costco, IMHO.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

i was more inclined to hobby cases but retail cases will do if they will include some exclusively scarce cards in them. first reply was about costco only carrying retail (or will only carry retail). let's get more replies, come in guys. thanks.

I dont see many Moms paying 400-600 for their kids to open packs of cards. And collectors would only buy a few if any just out of curiosity since they mainly like hobby. They could make a Costco Exclusive box which people would eat up especially if there where hits in the boxes. Maybe just a one less than Hobby, but one more than retail or something like that. Ebay resellers would be the one that would mostly buy the Costco cases you OP about IMO.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

let's not include moms and kids, please. let's assume the buyers will all be adults/seniors. costco exclusive is not a bad idea, considering target and walmart carry some of these things (past or present). yeah, i agree, that ebay sellers will mostly buy these. ebay seller goin' nuts?! hahahah!

(02-23-2012, 11:55 AM)magneto2 Wrote: Also before Costco became the name. It was Price Costco and sold boxes of cards. Mostly baseball but I think it also had Basketball.
They also sold hockey cards up here in Canada. I also remember buying the Griffey rookie year UD baseball up here as well.

Oh man, I'm glad you started this thread ... my fondest card memories were going as a 13-year-old with my parents to Price Club out here in California, which I believe evntually became Costco.

They had 36-count boxes of Topps and Donruss, 15 cards a pack (I think) ... for a whopping $9.99 .. what is that, 500+ cards in a box?

We'd go like once a month and they'd get me a box of cards — every time.

It would take me all night to open the packs and separate them into teams.

Man, I pulled tons of Griffey Donruss rookies.

Not much book value, but the sentimental value is off the charts.

As for your actual question, I think it would be great. I also like the suggestion of reasonably priced sealed boxes of retail, if they couldn't do hobby stuff.

No pack searchers that way!

Oh, yeah you're right, no pack searchers in Costco. I definitely forgot about that. They'll be ashamed because the area is crowded by costumers and they will be noticed so easily, which in turn might get them reported so easily to the management.

And, the memories you shared is awesome! Thanks much for that!