`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prospecting Success stories

RE: Prospecting Success stories
(02-20-2012, 01:00 AM)uvaspina Wrote: It would be cool to have a breakthrough, out-of-the-blue player like Jeremy Lin in baseball.
My pick for this player would be Jose Bautista.
(02-20-2012, 12:36 AM)the cardboard fan Wrote: I did remove a couple higher end Jordan Schafer cards from my PC as the way he ended up here in Atlanta disgusted me a little

He started off the same way as Heyward here just two years earlier and most don't even know who he is (but for good reason apparently)
I'm really hoping he pans out with the Astros. I had traded away a bunch of his card just before his debut with the Braves and was thinking I had made a big mistake. Now I've aquired much better cards of his without giving up much.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(02-20-2012, 01:16 AM)dpatera Wrote: I tried it exactly once. I bought a 100 card lot of Chris Sabo Topps rookies. I think I made my money back selling about 10 or so. Of course, I still have about 85 of them left...
Good old sabo, that was my favorit player growing up

[quote='benner73' pid='1908248' dateline='1329745379']

My pick for this player would be Jose Bautista.

I agree with Bautista. The fact that he plays in Toronto instead of a major US market kind of makes him underappreciated though. -if we were having this conversation a decade ago, Big Papi would also fit in.

[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I've been loading up on Paul goldschmidt when I can

I made the smartest and dumbest move at the same time. back in 2007 i bought a case and a half of bowman chrome. i sold the 2 joba autos i pulled, one was xfractor. i used the money to buy more fernando manrtinez chrome autos....oops!
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(02-21-2012, 12:33 PM)cody_allen Wrote: I've been loading up on Paul goldschmidt when I can
I'm not loading up but I did trade for one of his auto's and a few rookie cards. Hope were right.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

I don't view baseball card collecting as being part of any investment strategy or anything, but I find that it does spark my interest in minor league players who would normally be off my radar (I consider myself a big baseball fan too). Guys like Paul Goldschmidt, Joe Panik, Brandon Nimmo, Miguel Sano, Manny Machado etc. It's fun following their ups and downs -on the field and in the hobby. It's also cool when a forgotten about '09 BDP chrome refractor you have burried away suddenly becomes a hot commodity. Thus, the little "prospecting" I do (if you can even call it that) to me is like low stakes gambling. Fun to dabble in and watch your chip pile rise and fall.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*