`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Back Into the Hobby..

Getting Back Into the Hobby..
So after a trip up to my father's house and going through my old card collections in the attic, it inspired me to get back into collecting. Over the past few days I've hit retail, and picked up a couple blasters just to get some newer trade bait (hopefully) as most of my collection is over a decade old at this point. None of the hits have been particularly huge, but the thrill is back busting wax! Anyway, plmk if any of y'all are interested in the following, these are the highlights of the packs and anything else notable has been posted in my Org.

GU:

2001 Fleer Genuine Cut #25 Quentin Richardson
2003 UD Glass Game Gear #GGAW Antoine Walker
2005 Sweet Shot Sweet Swatches #KR Kareem Rush 129/250
2007 Stadium Club Full Court Press Relics Triple Gold #DWI Dominique Wilkins 10/10 (Sweet Pull!)
2008 SP Authentic Limited Memorabilia #SPLDA D.J. Augustin

Also:

2008 Hot Prospects Alumni Mates #AM6 Dikembe Mutumbo/Alonzo Mourning
2008 Hot Prospects Blue #94 Kobe Bryant
2008 Upper Deck Lakers Dynasty #LAL3 Kobe Bryant
2009 Prestige #154 Tyreke Evans RC

[Image: Blaster10011.jpg]

Looking for Paul Pierce, Eddie House (Celtics jersey only), and Rondo..

Also just received a 98 Skybox Premium Hobby Box in the mail today so I'll be posting any new hits from that as soon as I bust it open!

RE: Getting Back Into the Hobby..
Welcome back to the hobby. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Welcome back to the hobby, you will find alot of excellent traders on here that will help you if you have any problems or questions.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]
Heart 
Welcome back! Heart
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

welcome back
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Scratch. That. Itch.

Thanks for the welcome guys! Just went to a local card show today, only 20 or so tables but it was definitely fun to talk and sift through some cards. Picked up 50+ low-end Paul Pierces I needed to start up my collection, but absolutely NO wax was there. Only singles! Also, basketball seems to be a dying breed for trading cards, pretty much exclusively Baseball and Football among dealers. Somewhat disappointing, but hopefully I'll have better luck at a big card show coming to Mass at the end of March.

(02-20-2012, 12:30 AM)NEHeadquarters Wrote: Thanks for the welcome guys! Just went to a local card show today, only 20 or so tables but it was definitely fun to talk and sift through some cards. Picked up 50+ low-end Paul Pierces I needed to start up my collection, but absolutely NO wax was there. Only singles! Also, basketball seems to be a dying breed for trading cards, pretty much exclusively Baseball and Football among dealers. Somewhat disappointing, but hopefully I'll have better luck at a big card show coming to Mass at the end of March.

That's become a trend at smaller card shows I've noticed. Tough to find a lot of wax around since Panini cornered the market on basketball and they only release to authorized outlets. Some old school wax is around sometimes though, and ppl will sometimes have those "guaranteed hit" packs as well. Welcome back! Hope you're enjoying it again!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

welcome back,

don't worry about them being to old. my fav collection is now 2 decades old!!

welcome back to the beautiful hobby
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK