Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High value trade question

High value trade question
Hello,
How often do people do higher value trades? I'm a little nervous going ahead with a bigger trade (over 700 going his way and under 700 going my way).

i don't want to tick the trader off as we already went back and forth quite a bit (and the trade even got cancelled at one point) and i'm fairly ready to pull the trigger although part of me would rather do a bit of a smaller trade (225 vs 150) for the first trade between us

Part of the thing too is my feedback is lower so i would have to wait until he receives my package before he sends his...

i don't really want to mention his username as i don't think thats fair

would it be fair if i added insurance and a tracking number if i asked that he send his part following my providing somethings thats trackable instead of waiting until he receives it? I don't want to spend too much either to get it shipped.

again i'm leaning towards going with a smaller trade first even if it means i lose in the trade a little more on average
Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

RE: High value trade question
I think its fair to ask him to send after you provide a tracking number. If the other trader wouldn't accept that then I would cancel the trade and move on. That's my 2 centsSmile.

Jimmy Howard PC
Danny DeKeyser PC

Red Wings collector

Personally, I do think you've come up with a decent solution, but I do foresee one small snag.

If you provide him the tracking and whatnot, in reality all he knows is that a package has been sent out. There's no proof of what's actually inside. As such, he could conceivably get the info, send his package out, get an empty envelope and you're off and running with his cards.

I am in no way saying you would do this, just that you could.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

I had the same concerns with the first higher value trade I made here. I would suggest checking his feedback and double check the post with "bad traders" too.

If you asked me to start with a smaller trade, I wouldn't really mind it. So it takes 2 trades to get all of the cards that you both agree on - shipping likely won't be too much more to do it that way.

Thanks,
Nathan

If a trader has over 100 feeback and no negative, I don't think there should be a problem with doing a deal, large or not. Express shipping in Canada arrives next day as does Expedited. The trade turn around would be around 3 days. I have done two of these trades in the past week and each involved well over $500.00 in trade (on another site). I also did a trade over $900.00 on this site with Express/Expedited and all worked out. Trust the feedback of the traders...that is why it is there.
Toronto Expo Booth #711
http://s709.photobucket.com/albums/ww98/...lectibles/
Mailing on Wednesdays

all right i think i'll accept the trade thanks everyone
Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins