`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Considering a new PC goal...

Considering a new PC goal...
So as most of you either know by now or can guess from my signature, I collect Michael Jordan and Mitch Richmond (shocking, I know!).

Given the absurd amount of money that Jordan autos and 90's inserts are going for at the moment, I simply have to accept the fact that there are literally hundreds of MJs I would LOVE to have but will never have the fortune of owning.

Mitch, on the other hand, was underrated his whole career, IMHO, and his card values reflect that (c'mon, the guy averaged 21 ppg over a 14-year career!). There are 10 Mitch Richmond autos made during his playing career, all from 97-98 to 00-01. Having recently picked up my first Richmond auto pictured below, I am considering trying to acquire all 10 and making that my primary PC goal for now.

A couple things i'm considering. first, I've only seen the 97-98 topps auto, 97-98 Bowman's Best auto and the 00-01 Finest refractor auto come up on the 'bay in the last 6 months. Second, a new collector contacted me about getting rid of his Richmonds which is the only reason I managed to find the one I do have, so how feasible a goal does this seem to everybody? Only 2 are numbered (00-01 fleer autographics /250 and autographics silver /50), but they both have no beckett value established because they rarely come up.

Lastly, of course, if anyone has any old school Richmond autos PLEASE let me know I would love to trade for them (or possibly buy if the price is right).

What's everybody think?

[Image: Richmondauto001.jpg]
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: Considering a new PC goal...
JUST DO IT!!!!!!!

It's going to be difficult, but well worth it. And once you have one of all of them, you better get them graded with an inscription "Mitch's Certified Autographs" Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Ive always been a fan of mitch... and the great thing about collecting sports cards is if there is one guy out of your price range then you can always turn to another project and start building go for it..
[Image: jonathancard.png]

Ive been working for 2 years now trying to get as many Henderson Autos as possible...It just takes time, and you get really really excited when you do find one you dont have Smile

Which I picked one more up tonight!!!
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Although it's good to have some sort of closure on this sort of PCs, I think it shouldn't necessarily be too easy to complete either. It would simply take away the thrill.

On the question whether or not you should collect the guy, I'd say (like Xman) just do it. I think you're in an ideal situation where you like the player and the cards are undervalued.

BTW: did you see my trade request?

Stick with it. Its far to satisfying when you finally score the hard to get card you have been chasing. Maybe get an easier set to collect and keep looking for the mitch cards on the side. Good luck!!!

(02-18-2012, 03:13 AM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Ive been working for 2 years now trying to get as many Henderson Autos as possible...It just takes time, and you get really really excited when you do find one you dont have Smile

Which I picked one more up tonight!!!
Do you have 377 different Henderson autos? Or just 377 total? I was considering trading for one in case you'd want it, but I didn't know if you would need/want it or not.

And thanks for the responses everybody...I'm gonna try for it, look for a post in the trading forum soon.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(02-19-2012, 12:21 AM)buckunteer Wrote: Do you have 377 different Henderson autos? Or just 377 total? I was considering trading for one in case you'd want it, but I didn't know if you would need/want it or not.

And thanks for the responses everybody...I'm gonna try for it, look for a post in the trading forum soon.
377 Total 81 different Smile Ya I'm nutso for Hendo...You can PM which one it is and Ill let you know!
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

I think thats a damn good idea and really cool! That would be somewhat challenging but not too pricey as the MJ stuff. Trust me, there are 100's of MJ cards I would love to own as well but look how long it took me to get me 8.5 BGS Jordan rookie...LONG TIME!! lol

def a good idea go for it you can always make it a side project/pc. I should know I have multi side pcs beside my main pc.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes