`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Miller Printing Plate plus diamond Codes

RE: Shelby Miller Printing Plate plus diamond Codes
(02-19-2012, 09:07 PM)Krangry Wrote: Nah, i think they are cool cards, non-autod ones just dont go for all that much. I would hold it, hes gonna be pretty damn good.
yea thats why im in no rush to move it. It really is a shame ebay has ruined collection IMO, from when i was a kid to now.
Collection Ackely, Taijuan Walker, Danny Hultzen, James Paxton, and Jesus Montero in M's Rookie card autos. Plus other Mariners

Man in the 90s a plate was just that, a single plate. Now there are 4 of each and there are also 15 other 1/1 versions of a card. Its not as much eBay as it is Topps that did it. Ebay just controls the market, much like Beckett controls the prices.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(02-19-2012, 10:23 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Man in the 90s a plate was just that, a single plate. Now there are 4 of each and there are also 15 other 1/1 versions of a card. Its not as much eBay as it is Topps that did it. Ebay just controls the market, much like Beckett controls the prices.
Plates where not around when i stopped collecting. And really Ebay controlls the prices also. The only thing any of its worth is what someone is willing to pay for it. Beckett can say its worth $400 but good luck getting that out of it. Im just saying something that is a 1/1 of a top prospect its sad. I understand a plate of a bum or such. And i dont persay care about this plate im just saying in general its sad Ebay has driven things down. Most cards that ive looked at the prices of are lucky to get 1/3 of the becket value on ebay. Seems the ones that hold the most value are the Bowman rookie/prospect Autos.
Collection Ackely, Taijuan Walker, Danny Hultzen, James Paxton, and Jesus Montero in M's Rookie card autos. Plus other Mariners

Well man, eBay is peoples only real access to these cards otherwise. You have to realize if your in Florida and pull a Miller plate your gonna be glad you have eBay to get the serious Cards fans to view it. Otherwise guys may never even have access to cards they would normally buy. Its a 2 way street. Also Beckett does control. Let me show an example. The 2012 Topps Squirrel which was bringing $200 plus every time on eBay until the book came out saying it was $120 card. Now $70 is a good price.

(02-19-2012, 10:35 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Well man, eBay is peoples only real access to these cards otherwise. You have to realize if your in Florida and pull a Miller plate your gonna be glad you have eBay to get the serious Cards fans to view it. Otherwise guys may never even have access to cards they would normally buy. Its a 2 way street. Also Beckett does control. Let me show an example. The 2012 Topps Squirrel which was bringing $200 plus every time on eBay until the book came out saying it was $120 card. Now $70 is a good price.

K, point taken but to me that show failure by beckett giving it a crappy price, am i wrong? If its selling for that on ebay why would they price it as $120 seems they arent doing their job. Ebay does everything for them and then undercut the real value price that its selling for.

And i understand ebay has helped in that sense, but i have no cards shops within 100 miles of me they use to be all over its sad. And to make things worse i went to the once a month card show they have in my area and it was awful. That was alot of the fun of collecting was you had to network with friends, goto shows and everything was a mystery somewhat. Now you have easy access, card shops are near extinct atleast in non big city areas, i cant speak for big cities but i have to travel like 2 hours to the nearest store, thats not happening. Its just depressing and to make things worse the only place that sell hobby packs in my area is prices 200% over online price for boxes.

(02-19-2012, 10:45 PM)brettboonetown2 Wrote: K, point taken but to me that show failure by beckett giving it a crappy price, am i wrong? If its selling for that on ebay why would they price it as $120 seems they arent doing their job. Ebay does everything for them and then undercut the real value price that its selling for.

And i understand ebay has helped in that sense, but i have no cards shops within 100 miles of me they use to be all over its sad. And to make things worse i went to the once a month card show they have in my area and it was awful. That was alot of the fun of collecting was you had to network with friends, goto shows and everything was a mystery somewhat. Now you have easy access, card shops are near extinct atleast in non big city areas, i cant speak for big cities but i have to travel like 2 hours to the nearest store, thats not happening. Its just depressing and to make things worse the only place that sell hobby packs in my area is prices 200% over online price for boxes.
I agree 100% that Beckett does a poor job with pricing.