`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a box-busting question

a box-busting question
OK everybody. I'm looking for a box to bust that meets the following criteria.

1.) Possible MJ auto (everything but UD products is gone)
2.) Reasonably priced (no all-time greats, exquisite, etc.)
3.) Won't clog my collection with a ton of base (no SPA 10-11 or 11-12)

At the moment I'm leaning towards 07-08 SP Rookie Edition. Durant RCs possible, I will get some base but it's a very good-looking set in my opinion. I'm also not a huge fan of the Ultimate, which I know fits all of my criteria quite nicely, the design just doesn't do much for me.

Any thoughts from you more knowledgeable collectors? Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: a box-busting question
If you can find one, 2008-09 SPx. I love the base set, anything else is just awesome. But I don't know how cheap it is.

[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

07-08 Artifacts?
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

found one box of 08-09 spx on the 'bay xstream...the buy it now is $550 haha. I do like that design too, however. Gonna have to hope for a HUGE tax refund I guess Smile

The Artifacts box, however, is a possibility. Fewer base than the SP Rookie Edition, but that also means less of a chance to pull something like a Durant RC that might salvage the box in the highly likely event that I don't pull an MJ auto. I still don't know.

Thanks for the responses thus far, keep them coming!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

07-08 rookie edition, as youre leaning, is a good choice imo...
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

2007-08 Chronology? Hm?
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(02-16-2012, 08:15 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: 2007-08 Chronology? Hm?

LOVE Chronology, just too far over my budget. Also with all these 07-08 products I failed to consider the fact that I might pull an expired redemption for an MJ Auto. I would be beyond devastated if that happened! By this point they have been expired for at least a year and a half on the 07-08 products and I'm pretty sure UD wouldn't honor them (anyone have any experience with such a high-end expired redemption?)

2006-07 Ovation has possible auto of Jordan, Lebron, Kareem Abdul Jabaar, and Rondo Autograph.
Its also has gold parallel auto rookies of Roy, Rondo, Aldridge,etc...
I think the box usually has 1 auto card, and 1 jersey card.

2007-08 SP Rookie edition definitely. I got three boxes and did very good (all four Durant RC versions, durant base AU, Noah 97-98 AU) - plus there's only 60 cards in the base set - that's not including RC's. Another good one is 2003-04 Rookie Exclusives - Dave and Adam's has the retail box at about US$60 and the Hobby box (better odds for AU's 1 per box I think) at about US$135 - you've also got a very good chance of getting at least one lebron RC per box, retail or hobby.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(02-16-2012, 10:04 PM)sky20t Wrote: 2006-07 Ovation has possible auto of Jordan, Lebron, Kareem Abdul Jabaar, and Rondo Autograph.
Its also has gold parallel auto rookies of Roy, Rondo, Aldridge,etc...
I think the box usually has 1 auto card, and 1 jersey card.

By far the most reasonably priced I've seen thus far so I will probably try to take a flyer on one! No good RCs w/ the possibly exception of Rondo to balance in case the whopping 2 hits are lousy though.

Also considering 07-08 Sweet Shot. Definitely no base to worry about!