`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions please - PC question

Opinions please - PC question
I have a Penn State auto PC. You can see it in my sig.

I have boundaries on it though. I collect certified pack-pulled rookie autographs of PSU players in their PSU uniforms. No senior bowl uniforms and helmets on. I only collect one of each player too.

I did this so I wouldn't be spending a TON of money since there are hundreds upon hundreds of cards of every player out there. Also, it gave me a start point. There was a beginning to the collection (1992) and each year I get to add 1, 2 or 3 cards (more if I'm lucky) and that keeps the cost down while expanding my collection. It also keeps is displayable.

Now, I purchased the card below on eBay on Friday. I was under the impression the back of the card WAS the certificate of authenticity. I think the seller was under the same impression. I didn't know it wasn't until I took it out of the top loader. So essentially, the card without the certificate is a signed base card. Red flags didn't go up because I have a Tony Sacca auto where the back of the card is nothing but a certificate of authenticity and thought this was the same thing.

Should I add this to my collection anyway? Should I add it with the certificate behind the card? My plaque has 20pt holders I think. Do I not add it and stay within my boundaries? OJ McDuffie has no other rookie autos in his PSU uniform though. (Neither does Bobby Engram and that stinks)

What do I do? Opinions please.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250987855073?ssP...1439.l2649
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

RE: Opinions please - PC question
I would add it anyways. It looks like a 93 Scoreboard card, the company went out of business a while ago. And a separate COA was issued for their cards. They have been known to be fakes, but can't see why anyone would fake an O.J. McDuffie auto.
Eddie George Super Collector

RE: Opinions please - PC question
So you mean it would have been faked like much later as opposed to when OJ was a rookie? He was a big rookie at the time. Left Penn State as their best WR in school history and led the league one year in receptions with Marino.

What are the odds this is fake? I'm friends with him on facebook, I guess I could ask him.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com