`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED ADVICE - Possible Purchase

NEED ADVICE - Possible Purchase
Just looking for some advice on a possible purchase. As many of you know, I am a huge Packers fan and my main goal in collecting has been to obtain at least one autograph and one MEM card of every Packers player/coach that I can, which has included making my own custom cards to obtain autographs. As most of you also know, the economy/job market is in rough shape which leads me into my issue.

Last week I saw a post that Leaf Trading Cards is putting out a Vince Lombardi Legacy set. Each box in the set will contain 1 pack and that pack will contain 7 cards. 4 Base, 2 Inscribed Autos from players that Lombardi coached or coached against, and 1 MEM card that features a piece of Vince Lombardi game-worn jacket. Also randomly inserted into boxes will be redemption cards for a full Vince Lombardi signed check. Exciting news for me as I could add a sweet Lombardi MEM card to my PC and could possibly add an autograph or two of players I don't have. Looks like boxes will run around $100-120.00 each.

The timing could have been better for me, however, since I just found out last Monday that due to budget issues at work and being one of the most recent hires, I will be getting cut from 40 hours down to 29, which will also take away my health insurance. Luckily, being 24 I can hopefully get back on my parents' insurance for a couple years. Still, with having mortgage payments and utility bills, etc., money will be somewhat tight for the forseeable future.

I normally don't buy boxes to chase a hit, but when the main hit I would be interested in is guaranteed and I will also get two autos, which I could sell or trade if they aren't needed for my PC I am considering making an exception. There is also the chance to get a redemption for a Lombardi check, which makes it more tempting. My other option would be to not buy and then possibly pick up one of the MEM cards off of the bay or through a trade, but they may wind up being hard to get as well.

So my questions are, given the situation, what would you do? Also, I am not overly familiar with the "new" Leaf company so I don't know a whole lot about their reputation or how much value their stuff has. Any advice on the topic and input on Leaf's reputation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

RE: NEED ADVICE - Possible Purchase
If you're tight with money, and are only looking for the Lombardi Mem, I would wait a pick one up for sale or trade. If you can afford to spend the money to buy a box, do it. You could pull some nice stuff. I saw the release of this and it looks really nice. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Btw, nice PC you got going there!

Sorry to hear about the possible cutback man, hope things end up working out. As far as the "Lombardi" set, it looks like a badass one in which players give their remarks about Lombardi. Pretty sweet. I'll probably get a box or 2, as these autos may be scarce since they're inscribed.
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

take care of "life" first. those boxes will be around in a year, two years, etc for you to buy if you still want to. id stay away from the boxes for now, as much as we all love it, its just cardboard...
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

Thanks for the advice. It is tax time too and I'm expecting a decent refund, though I am probably going to put most of that away just to be on the safe side with the job situation.

The main thing I would be looking to get from the box would be the Lombardi jacket card and the chance at one of the signed checks. Would also probably keep the autos only if they were of a Packer player that I don't have yet, otherwise would probably try to sell them to pay for a portion of the box or trade for other Packers needs.

Jim Leonhard Needs:

Joel Effertz Needs:

Check it out cheesehead I'm
Not sure what all Chiefs are in the set but I see Fred " The Hammer " Wiiliamson and Len Dawson are at least two so if you buy a box and pull any chiefs I'll buy or trade for those of that helps. Plus I just looked and I want them lol
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

I say go for it. And get me one too! lol
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(02-13-2012, 03:58 PM)biglump007 Wrote: Check it out cheesehead I'm
Not sure what all Chiefs are in the set but I see Fred " The Hammer " Wiiliamson and Len Dawson are at least two so if you buy a box and pull any chiefs I'll buy or trade for those of that helps. Plus I just looked and I want them lol
Thanks lump! That is a very generous offer and really kind of you man! If I end up getting a box and landing any Chiefs, I will be sure to let you know.
(02-13-2012, 04:17 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: I say go for it. And get me one too! lol
I'll see what I can do, haha. Will certainly give you a shot at any Packers autos I land if I already have an auto of that player.

Jim Leonhard Needs:

Joel Effertz Needs: