`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice, I have too much stuff.

Need advice, I have too much stuff.
I have a wax problem and have acquired too much stuff. I am thinking of selling some off. I don't want to be a store, but figured I should get rid of some of the stuff I don't look at much. I suppose I will end up using that for more boxes and will sell stuff when I get to this point again. :-)

Has anyone ever done this? I am thinking I will: sell in a few HUGE lots on the bay, or sell it all to a dealer. I don't have huge expectations, but I would like to get a fair price. They would mostly be autos/GU's of lesser stars, some SN, some RC's, some parallels, some inserts, etc. I would say 100 autos, 150 mem, 100 other. (All "other" are $8 BV or better.)

So does anyone have any experience with this? The thrill of the hunt is over, now I need to make room for it again!

RE: Need advice, I have too much stuff.
sell it off singly, more bang for your buck, takes time to list, scan ebay etc....but you will get your best dollar for. Make sure your listings aren't plain, put as much info/keywords in your listing. Make a template for your details. Be fair on shipping 2-3$. Selling as a LOT will put in the "red" way too quick for the time/$$ you have in your collection. Just my opinion. I always have luck with this type of patience.
Insert Banner.

You might want to send a PM to phoenixrising34. He's had good luck selling stuff off in lots in the past...
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(02-12-2012, 07:05 PM)itsdagooch Wrote: sell it off singly, more bang for your buck, takes time to list, scan ebay etc....but you will get your best dollar for. Make sure your listings aren't plain, put as much info/keywords in your listing. Make a template for your details. Be fair on shipping 2-3$. Selling as a LOT will put in the "red" way too quick for the time/$$ you have in your collection. Just my opinion. I always have luck with this type of patience.
I know, I just don't want to put in the time needed to do all that. I fully intend to be "in the red" for what I have put into it. I am just trying to move them all as fast as possible for the best price I can get, so I can make room.

Maybe I will remake this thread after my scanning/org project is complete so I can get a better idea of the BV I am talking about.

Anyone else done this before?

I buy collections all the time it would just depend what you wanted and everything.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

LOL yes I have done this...I went from 7 giant rubbermaid totes full of sets and singles and several moster boxes full of "commons" to a couple sentimental sets, a couple hundred graded cards and maybe a couple hundred singles....all fit on a single shelf in the closet instead of taking up the closet.

I sold a bunch of the stuff on ebay, donated a bunch to children's charity, gave a bunch away to neighbor kids...and sadly threw thousands of cards in the trash.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

Yeah, I haven't even started on the lower stuff yet. I have 2 competing obsessions right now- my obsession with opening boxes and my OCD aversion to clutter. Haha

I have it down to 300 football and baseball cards so far. 109 autos, 92 more GU, and about 100 other RC's and SN's over $8 BV. The total BV is close to $4k. I just don't want to piece it all out, I would rather just be done with it. Every single card is in a sleeve and toploader. I just want to find out if I will get enough as a lot or if I will need to break it down a little bit to make it worthwhile...

If they are common autos and jersey figures $1 or a little less a card and the other misc. inserts vary depending on the player and stuff.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I know I saw a thread on here about cards for charity? Maybe send the lower end base/inserts there, that'd clear a lot of space!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75