`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something to watch out for

RE: Something to watch out for
(02-13-2012, 12:23 AM)Dengar01 Wrote: Just got scammed by a fake bidder on a Jeremy Lin auction I had, his user name is rubiano555. eBay is opening a full fledged investigation as this involves multiple sellers this guy has screwed.

If you actively sell on eBay I would recommend blocking him. If he doesn't like this message he can sue me for slander and try and take me to court.

I've been on eBay since 98 with 2200 no negatives, not going to be screwed by some guy who has 0 feedback and multiple IDs which I learned from eBay customer service via phone.

Which begs the question, why would eBay if let a scammer make a new ID?
I have had multiple non-paying bidders in the last 2 months or so. eBay needs to change their rules and regulations for non-payers. Sellers should also be able to leave negative feedback so other sellers know. I think they need to start freezing accounts and address until the item is paid for because a lot of times the seller loses out on more than just the eBay fees. Thanks for the heads up.

(02-13-2012, 01:20 AM)edye1286 Wrote: I have had multiple non-paying bidders in the last 2 months or so. eBay needs to change their rules and regulations for non-payers. Sellers should also be able to leave negative feedback so other sellers know. I think they need to start freezing accounts and address until the item is paid for because a lot of times the seller loses out on more than just the eBay fees. Thanks for the heads up.
What really bothered me is when I called the first time, the agent was a complete (insert expletive). Wouldn't tell me squat.

Second time I called after another seller contacted me I had an agent who was very helpful saying this guy had other user names which was odd because I've had one username since 1998...

The guy won an auction last night of the same card, and bid up mine and won it, and said he wasn't paying, so obviously me and the other seller figured out his motive. He was trying to raise the general price of the card artificially so his first purchase could pay off.

I will call eBay every day till he is banned. That site made hundreds of thousands of dollars off my sales, I'm not going to have some con artist screw me over and get away with it.

Which is why I have no problem telling everyone his user ID because if he sues me for slander he will have to face the best law firm in Chicago, which means best law firm outside of LA or NY.

If I didn't have the money to pay for this firm I wouldn't be posting. If he wants to go against a multimillionaire with nothing to lose, than I would assume his mother's basement would be better than a jail cell.
Victor Sharp
Owner South Side Cards & Collectibles
11325 W. 143rd St.
Orland Park, IL 60467
http://southsidecards.com

strange how ebay seller: dytab.... has no sells, but has tons of buys from the same people. Some of the seller he bought from are "No longer a registered user"

I've had a few guys try to up the price on cards I bought from overseas by using the same tactics... instead of shilling the bid up & getting caught, they make fake transactions, get a few hundred feedback, then make their move... to con more money out of collectors, others, just doing it so, when they do try to con somebody.. it is harder to detect... most collectors never know they got hit.... Why would one buyer only buy from one seller & all on the same day? It is because they are trying to gain feedback so they can scam/steal from people....

When ever I bid, I try to find out who I am bidding against if the price of the card is high... (high card for me is anything over $50)...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Should be an easy fraud detection Ebay can program into their system. Doesnt make sense.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(02-13-2012, 03:53 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Should be an easy fraud detection Ebay can program into their system. Doesnt make sense.
For how much they charge us it shouldn't be a problem Smile