`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lin Hype is Crazy!!!!!!

RE: The Lin Hype is Crazy!!!!!!
I agree, I think if Melo comes back and plans to play the same his played his whole career (gets him stats, destroys the team) then this will be short lived. I think Melo needs to learn to come off the ball if this is going to work. I agree that his prices will never be as high as they are now, unless he starts averaging 30 a game for the rest of his career, and I can't believe the money that's being spent on his cards. If he was a top 3 pick in the draft and went off like this, ok, that's one thing because then it was semi expected and he's proving he can play in the NBA. But when someone goes undrafted and has games like this, they're 99% destined to go back to normalcy. Which sucks because I love this story. Kind of similar to Big Ben. Undrafted, gets on a team, eventually gets to Detroit where he wins 4 DPOY and a championship. It's a great story, and I think Lin has been a class act through it, but it's going to end at some point.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(02-13-2012, 09:47 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I agree, I think if Melo comes back and plans to play the same his played his whole career (gets him stats, destroys the team) then this will be short lived. I think Melo needs to learn to come off the ball if this is going to work. I agree that his prices will never be as high as they are now, unless he starts averaging 30 a game for the rest of his career, and I can't believe the money that's being spent on his cards. If he was a top 3 pick in the draft and went off like this, ok, that's one thing because then it was semi expected and he's proving he can play in the NBA. But when someone goes undrafted and has games like this, they're 99% destined to go back to normalcy. Which sucks because I love this story. Kind of similar to Big Ben. Undrafted, gets on a team, eventually gets to Detroit where he wins 4 DPOY and a championship. It's a great story, and I think Lin has been a class act through it, but it's going to end at some point.
the thing about what you're saying is, never mind someone undrafted, no player period has had the kind of start he has had. i assume you already know he has broken all kinds of records for amount of points scored for a first time starter. no one else has ever done this and that is a fact. there's no one you could possibly compare him to to say that he's going back to "normalcy" because there isn't even a sample of "normalcy" to go back to unless you mean to say he will go back to being a 15th man that played 5-10 mpg that will be out of the league.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com...ke/?src=tp

this is a pretty nice read.

melo has played with accomplished and ball dominant point guards before. hell he's even played with iverson before. great things are ahead for the knicks this season with lin in charge of it all. exciting times, if you are a knicks fan or just a fan of the game in general like me. i don't think anyone thinks it's sad because while his averages will tail off, his level of play won't.
I collect Stephen Curry Rookie Autos/Patches

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v411/t...n%20Curry/

[Image: tupark_edited-1floor.gif]

By normalcy I mean not shooting as much (Melo and Amare won't let that happen unless he continues shooting better than Amare - with the exception of the last game), not being able to handle the ball as much (Melo needs the ball in his hands 90% of the time to be efficient) and what not. Now, if Melo and Amare come back and one or both of them still aren't having that great of a season, that could really change the landscape of the story. But owing 85/83 million on the remaining contracts is a bit much to keep the ball out of Melo and Amare's hands or running set plays for them. I would love to see Dantoni keep the open offense, but it depends on what the upper execs have to say about it if you ask me. I hope for Lin's sake he stays a career 16PPG, 7APG, 6RPG player or eventually goes to another team where he can run an open offense. But we'll see how it all works out when he has to defer to Melo and Amare. I'm rooting for Lin more than Melo or Amare. Smile

oh ok. understood about what u meant. i truly believe they're going to be a powerhouse. i feel like they have everything from scoring to play making to depth to defensive players to shooters. lin's gonna be racking up assists... i know he's had at least 7 in all of his starts, but so many wide open layups/dunks and easy shots were missed by the likes of jared jefferies and even chandler sometimes, that a high flyer like amare would never fail to convert.

i think everyone forgot that lin actually started all of this when melo and amare were both playing against the nets. he controlled that game while they were both in the game.

Yeah, but on the flip side, while Lin isn't a rookie, you do have instances like Norris Cole who goes off for 20 (I know, not that much) against the Celtics with Wade, Bosh and James in the game, and since then he's averaged about 8 PPG. So it is possible for a player not many people know of coming in and having a good game with superstars in the lineup, but to do that consistently is quite difficult. Believe me, I'm rooting for Lin to be able to do it consistently, just saying it wouldn't surprise me if the contrary happens also. I appreciate Lin's humbleness the most more than his game, the same reason why Joe D is my favorite player of all time, so that's why I'm rooting for him. I do hope the Knicks lose a lot and don't become a PowerHouse (they're in the same conference as my Pistons) but hope Lin is able to sustain what he's doing. Smile

What goes up must come down.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

24 field goal attempts and 20 points and multiple turnovers? That guy needs to play his position.. when someone is actually gaurding him he gets shut down..any gaurd in the nba can make wide open shots and those screens arent goin to work forever for that guy..im not impressed..i feel bad for the lin fans paying hundreds for his cards..
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(02-13-2012, 03:42 PM)robd5811 Wrote: 24 field goal attempts and 20 points and multiple turnovers? That guy needs to play his position.. when someone is actually gaurding him he gets shut down..any gaurd in the nba can make wide open shots and those screens arent goin to work forever for that guy..im not impressed..i feel bad for the lin fans paying hundreds for his cards..
+1 With all this Lin-Sanity all over the boards at different card site's I'm struggling to find anyone opening up and admitting they are the ones BUYING any of these cards. Where are these buyers????
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(02-13-2012, 03:56 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: +1 With all this Lin-Sanity all over the boards at different card site's I'm struggling to find anyone opening up and admitting they are the ones BUYING any of these cards. Where are these buyers????
Thankyou!! Im glad someone agrees..Lol their has to be a few on this site buying into this linsanity hype..people are paying the same amount for a lin rc as a drose rc really? Thats is just LINSANE
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(02-13-2012, 03:42 PM)robd5811 Wrote: 24 field goal attempts and 20 points and multiple turnovers? That guy needs to play his position.. when someone is actually gaurding him he gets shut down..any gaurd in the nba can make wide open shots and those screens arent goin to work forever for that guy..im not impressed..i feel bad for the lin fans paying hundreds for his cards..
try playing 5 games in 7 nights after never playing more than 25 minutes a game in your life, while trying to create something for your team every single time down the floor while the entire focus of the opponents are solely on you. you've got to understand the circumstances b4 writing him off because you see some bad stat lines. despite the struggles, he assisted on the final 3 of 4 baskets down the stretch while being able to draw a foul and converting the game winning ft. for all the talk about how rubio outplayed him pg wise, his two turnovers came in the final minute when it mattered the most.