`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cards loose in envelope, undamaged, from new seller

RE: Cards loose in envelope, undamaged, from new seller
I would leave a positive saying "Buyer Beware ships cards card unprotected no sleeves but cards came in Mint condition" That would be an accurate correct feedback in my opinion.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(02-11-2012, 02:52 PM)soccerscrub Wrote: For those of you saying to leave negative, "take a chill pill!" The cards arrived on time and as expected. There was no damage, so in that respect, the seller did his part. That isn't to say that it will always happen this way, but in this instance, it was a 100% positive experience and the buyer got the cards in the condition expected. You can't ding someone for what "could have happened," you can only ding them if it happens.
No, you are missing the point... You ding him in his shipping practices due to the fact he took the cheap way out and threw them in an unprotected envelope... I mean, who does that??? I just love eBay sellers...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(02-11-2012, 04:54 PM)superynaldo Wrote: No, you are missing the point... You ding him in his shipping practices due to the fact he took the cheap way out and threw them in an unprotected envelope... I mean, who does that??? I just love eBay sellers...
Debatable and knowing the seller is a newb... Ding him where? The stars don't mention shipping practices. Feedback should be honest and accurate. The seller is responsible to get the items as advertised to the buyer. He did all that. If the cards came damaged, I would completely flip flop saying automatic negative. But for the simple fact the cards came "MINT" as described where exactly do you ding? I don't think he should receive a neutral or negative it wouldn't be fair. Then to ding on stars?

How accurate was the item description? Don't see how you can ding here.
How satisfied were you with the seller's communication? Did he respond?
How quickly did the seller ship the item? Did he ship quick?
How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges? Shipping cost did he price gauge?

Don't see anywhere to ding.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(02-11-2012, 04:54 PM)superynaldo Wrote: No, you are missing the point... You ding him in his shipping practices due to the fact he took the cheap way out and threw them in an unprotected envelope... I mean, who does that??? I just love eBay sellers...
I'm not missing the point at all... I'm just saying that there is no way to ding him on this transaction as it was explained. The deal was clean and if the description didn't say anything about how he was shipping, there is nothing to complain about. If the cards were dinged up, complain away. Leave a comment in explaining how it was shipped, but leave the positive feedback.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(02-11-2012, 08:16 PM)soccerscrub Wrote: I'm not missing the point at all... I'm just saying that there is no way to ding him on this transaction as it was explained. The deal was clean and if the description didn't say anything about how he was shipping, there is nothing to complain about. If the cards were dinged up, complain away. Leave a comment in explaining how it was shipped, but leave the positive feedback.
Ok fine, ding him for being too cheap and lazy to ship them the right way... Will that work???
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

I thank you all deeply for your varying comments. Given me a lot of food for thought.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(02-11-2012, 02:52 PM)soccerscrub Wrote: For those of you saying to leave negative, "take a chill pill!" The cards arrived on time and as expected. There was no damage, so in that respect, the seller did his part. That isn't to say that it will always happen this way, but in this instance, it was a 100% positive experience and the buyer got the cards in the condition expected. You can't ding someone for what "could have happened," you can only ding them if it happens.
+1111

I would never send cards that way and would never want my cards sent to me that way.... with that being said .... you still got the cards in a timely manner ... granted the shipping method sucked arse but he did fulfill his obligations and just happened to get "Lucky" and the cards were not damaged... unfortunately I do not think its right to leave negative or neutral feedback based on "The Possibility" of damage... we could do that for EVEY item shipped... even in screwdows, bubble wrap and bubble envelopes ... the card could still have "The Possibility" of arriving damaged. just my 2 cents

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

I don't think you can ding him since he provided you what you paid for and the cards arrived quickly and undamaged. I had this similar situation just yesterday. I bought a card on ebay, the shipping was $1 which I knew was low. The card arrived very quickly in a penny sleeve and top loader tapped securely to a piece of cardboard. The card was shipped in a regular letter envelope with no padding. I did give him 5 stars because the cards was as described, communication was fine, the card arrived quickly and shipping cost was no problem. However, I consider myself lucky and will not buy from him again.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

(02-10-2012, 09:53 PM)patsfan129 Wrote: id give him negative still
Why the hell would you give him a negative if they showed up undamaged? I don't understand that at all.

Anyway, OP, I would email him and let him know that he's going to eventually 1. lose money or 2. get booted from ebay (eventually). Just tell him exactly how to ship them. Penny sleeve, top loader (tape which I like), or team bag.

Just explain everything to him. Tell him that it'd be a lot cheaper and easier if he did this himself. Just explain that in cards, condition is EVERYTHING. As soon as a corner gets sooo slightly dinged, its over. Throw the card in the trash.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

(02-11-2012, 09:48 PM)superynaldo Wrote: Ok fine, ding him for being too cheap and lazy to ship them the right way... Will that work???
I hope this is a joke. [Image: rolleyes.gif]

To the OP, your transaction went well and you took the trouble to email the buyer regarding his (or his shippers) practices. I say nice job. If it continues, it will eventually catch up with him.
[Image: OuM7E.png]

1997 Ultra PLATINUM - 81.4% Complete (285/350)

*Hundreds and hundreds of trades completed here and elsewhere. Ah, the days of trading in AOL chat rooms and leaving feedback on eBay... But sure, I'll send first. lol ... Really, I don't mind. Smile