`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just how much do we spend?

RE: Just how much do we spend?
LOL...I don't know about a god. I spend when I get bored and I have certain products I buy when they're new. I spent enough back in the day and now I trade alot more. Price creeps up quick but I have an ebay id and it's been YEARS since I've used it
(02-10-2012, 05:11 PM)chads-cards Wrote: you sir are a god. I spend greatly more but 99% of my buying is for store inventory...but my colberts still break the bank...you dont think much when spending $5 on a card then you realize your bidding on 20 cards at 5 a piece.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(02-10-2012, 05:25 PM)kolb 4 Wrote: Since 2004, probably enough to pay 1/3 of my home.
Yea. I hear that.

Just got my offer accepted on a house today, so I foresee it drastically reducing. But I have spent enough in the last two years to make up for it.
Collecting: Allen Craig, David Freese, and a few others.
http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321...1QQtppZZ20

I track all my selling and buying on Mint.com(awesome site) because I am an anal accountant. Since December 2010 I have spent about 1,650.00. Not bad considering what I could sell my collection for!

I knew I was going to find a great thread for this picture!

[Image: BunnyPancake.jpg]

I find it's best to just IGNORE your totals. Wink
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(02-10-2012, 07:27 PM)bostonsports1 Wrote: I track all my selling and buying on Mint.com(awesome site) because I am an anal accountant. Since December 2010 I have spent about 1,650.00. Not bad considering what I could sell my collection for!
when or if i ever get bradys contenders, sometime way down the road, thats gonna take my card budget for basically the year lol. that amount is not too bad considering who you collect! Smile
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

And to think I was the only one who needed to go to Card Collectors Anonymous! I'm the same way! I always say I'm not going to spend that much, and then I get bombarded with Hawks cards and I end up spending WAY too much! Not to mention I have a dealer who goes to a TON of card shows and stocks up for me. He isn't helping my addiction!

You really don't want to know
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

I'm really pretty conservative compared to some of you based on the pictures I've seen. Over the many years I've spent a bunch and sold a bunch which basically cut some losses. I was really into this hobby in the early 90s but you all know what happened to product then so I got away from it for awhile and it was during that time away that all of these 1/1 cards, and autographed cards, and such got to be the rage so I never really got into that. Then when I started fooling around with cards again and saw all these cards that were several hundred dollars and the player hasn't even proven himself...well I just couldn't get into that. I started getting my favorite cards graded, which was eye opening to say the least and now I look for more of the older HOF players with just ONE rookie card.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

Really don't want to think about it Big Grin