`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Why Why...

Why Why Why...
Do people make websites for trading or to list their cards or whatever, and have zero contact information anywhere on the website?

Time after time I find a card through google that I am desperately looking for and there is no way to contact that person.

That drives me crazy.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

RE: Why Why Why...
I'm actually working on a website for one of my web design classes at college and it's going to be my cards. Contact info was one of the first things I planned to have on it. Some people just don't think

You have no idea how crazy it makes me too...there is a card I would pay crazy amounts for but I CANT CONTACT THE GUY!!! And it sucks because its on his tradelist! I even became a member on his site and I still cant contact him
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Even if you didn't want to put your email address or something you could still put your username and what site you use.

It just boggles my mind that people forget contact info. Like you said, the Contact Me page was the first page completed on my site.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

i think one of the reasons people do that is that there are bots out there that scan web sites to gather email info, so if you put your email addy on there in normal form (abc@xyz.com) then the bot will find it and add it to their spam list. So to counter that, you should list it like (abc at xyz dot com). Either that or they are just stupid. LOL
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

I personally have not come across that but yes, that would most definitely be frustrating! Is there any way to leave any contact info in say a guestbook or anything like that at least?

(02-10-2012, 11:50 AM)eric j Wrote: I personally have not come across that but yes, that would most definitely be frustrating! Is there any way to leave any contact info in say a guestbook or anything like that at least?
That's what I was thinking, maybe a guestbook?
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

i would like to be able to contact ppl on photobucket. thats where i find alot that i need, but other than leaving a comment theres no way to get a hold of them
[Image: supbullcoc1.jpg]

Collection Completion
GU - 131
AU - 219
1/1 - 25
total - 478
478/858 55.710/100%

(02-10-2012, 12:08 PM)supbullcoc Wrote: i would like to be able to contact ppl on photobucket. thats where i find alot that i need, but other than leaving a comment theres no way to get a hold of them
I get alerts when people leave comments on my pictures. Think that it would do that for everyone?
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

Mine has like 5 ways to contact me even thought I dont have alot of pictures or anything on mine...and subbullcoc you have no idea how many pictures I have commented on trying to contact those ppl
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS