`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card from ebay extremely damaged. what do i do?

Card from ebay extremely damaged. what do i do?
I bought a 2011 topps precision Legarrette Blount auto /50 for my pc.
it showed up today (packaged very well) with the bottom corner of the toploader practically broken off and the card looks just as bad.

I dont think its the seller's fault but i dont use ebay very frequently and neer had this problem so i'm unsure how to handle this.

any help would be appreciated
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

RE: Card from ebay extremely damaged. what do i do?
email the seller and tell them the card was damaged when you received it...what can they do for you....probably will ask you to return it for a refund....then you just have to buy another one...sorry for the bad news.....if they dont do anything, then you can file a not as described or might even be a damaged item response.....hope this helps
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

well if its not acceptable then open a case if the buyer doesnt want to make right.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

If a package becomes damaged in transit, the post office will put it in a plastic 'We're sorry' bag. We dont replace packages, even if it got shredded into 10 pieces, youd get the 10 pieces in the plastic bag. Basically, if its not in a plastic bag thats how he sent it, dont let him blame the post office.

the bend in the top loader and card matches the bend in the bubble mailer so im pretty sure it happened in transit. the scan they used on the auction also shows no damage
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

If he says he doesn't accept refunds, open a case with PayPal. THEY will issue a refund to you from his account.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Was the scan in the auction the same way? I doubt it because then you wouldn't be surprised. That leaves 3 options - 1.) He shipped you a different serial #ed card. 2.) He bent it on purpose before he sent it. 3.) The PO damaged it. One of these is way more likely than the others.

I sell on the bay every now and then. This has never happened, but I would ask you to return it and I would for sure refund your money. It's neither of our faults, but isn't it business 101 that the customer is always right?
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

When you send the card back, make sure you use signature confirmation.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(02-09-2012, 07:25 PM)monsterx Wrote: Was the scan in the auction the same way? I doubt it because then you wouldn't be surprised. That leaves 3 options - 1.) He shipped you a different serial #ed card. 2.) He bent it on purpose before he sent it. 3.) The PO damaged it. One of these is way more likely than the others.

I sell on the bay every now and then. This has never happened, but I would ask you to return it and I would for sure refund your money. It's neither of our faults, but isn't it business 101 that the customer is always right?
Heh. Fair enough but how does one damage a toploader and a card without damaging the packaging?

(02-09-2012, 07:20 PM)Sajman01 Wrote: If a package becomes damaged in transit, the post office will put it in a plastic 'We're sorry' bag. We dont replace packages, even if it got shredded into 10 pieces, youd get the 10 pieces in the plastic bag. Basically, if its not in a plastic bag thats how he sent it, dont let him blame the post office.
Yeah, i got one of those bags the other day. The package looked like it had been run over by a monster truck.... Called the post office and they asked if it was insured... I said no, why would i insure 25 dollars worth of cards. She tells me they will refund my shipping cost. LMAO. It cost $3.65.. Post office back and forth 20 miles. 1 gallon of gas $3.69 in CA. No thanks..

anyway, on topic... if serial numbers dont match, I would be questioning whether you got duped and open a claim, if not, see if he will meet you in the middle on the card if you feel it is neither of your faults.
Just dont ask the USPS for help.