`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else find this funny? Sarcasm

Anyone else find this funny? Sarcasm
OK so i love coming on these boards any looking to see what others have to say about the hobby. I find for the most part people on these boards are very helpful and insightful.

So here is what I find funny or lets say Ironic. A lot of us will come on these boards and discuss cards we need to finish off our sets or certain cards we are dying to get our hands on. Then within say a week, low and behold some of these cards or a card will show up on "the bay", priced at around a 500% premium. I understand people want to make money. Posting our needs on here is an easy way for people to see what we need and to make a few bucks. I am fine with this. Hey, why not make a few dollars. But when someone puts an outrageous price on these cards
with a BIN/BO and you make a legitimate offer they shun you as if you are the one trying to screw THEM. I have made offers on cards for say 30 dollars knowing that in an auction style would probably go for under 5-10 dollars and i get responses like "this is a very rare card and highly desireable" LMAO.. Seriously, some of these cards have been listed for 6 months and THE ONLY person making offers on the cards are me. this has been mentioned before on these boards but does anyone get as irritated with this as me.. VERY FRUSTRATING.. A card with Two average players one who only played 4 seasons is not worth 70 Bucks. COME ON MAN!! Thanks for letting me vent.

RE: Anyone else find this funny? Sarcasm
Never happened with me. Lucky me!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

Happens to me all the time.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

It's ridiculous, most sellers on ebay feel they have that one in a million card and price it as so. To not be rational and listen to reasonable offers is ridiculous. The end!!!!!!.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

I wont deny that i will price some items for higher than i expect to get, but that is because i am Hoping to get good on my return, but if someone offers me a fair price and I have no other takers/interest then i will a accept... It feels like these people are holding these cards hostage and don't give a crap about the card, they just want to flaunt it forever. Feels like a conspiracy Smile

I usually list mine 60-70% BV, but I think a lot of these people don't really know the price of what they have.. I always check beckett and then post it.. But then again I just started selling on fleabay and yes prices are way over inflated. I have eaten the cost of the shipping and handling to just sell a card.. I was throwing around in my head just now putting my 2011 UD Cam Newton auto on the bay... dunno..

Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

(02-07-2012, 12:39 PM)mercier2002 Wrote: I usually list mine 60-70% BV, but I think a lot of these people don't really know the price of what they have.. I always check beckett and then post it.. But then again I just started selling on fleabay and yes prices are way over inflated. I have eaten the cost of the shipping and handling to just sell a card.. I was throwing around in my head just now putting my 2011 UD Cam Newton auto on the bay... dunno..
I would put it up... Probably get a pretty penny right now for it... On cards like that i have no problem people expecting to make a nice profit. Newton is a star with huge upside and his cards are really hot right now.

Yea, got one left for a set and has a $500 BIN....$80 card at best.

(02-07-2012, 01:14 PM)0264 roadrunner1964 Wrote: Yea, got one left for a set and has a $500 BIN....$80 card at best.

Offer 80 and I bet it would gice you an auto decline LOL... Sorry bro that sucks... And only needing that one to complete the set... OUCH!!