`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Define Super Collector.....

RE: Define Super Collector.....
(02-06-2012, 12:48 AM)chads-cards Wrote: yeah and its BS...the thing that explains the requirement states that 1/1's dont go into count but I got a PM from the guy who handles it and he said I need to get to 60% WITH 1/1's
He meant to say without 1/1s. Its 60% completion without counting 1/1s into the total. You may be at 71% with 1/1s but they do not count 1/1s. You will make it soon enough bro.
(02-06-2012, 01:01 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: That is just weird I swear they didn't count my 1/1's. Weird. Hmm make me wonder if my Eddie George Collection would still pass or not. By their inv thing I am at
All cards: 1617/3149 51.3%
All cards excluding all 1/1: 1614/3021 53.4%
Rookie: 33/33 100.0%
Autograph: 31/113 27.4%
Memorabilia: 142/376 37.8%
Serial: 419/1327 31.6%

But hey don't feel too bad I applied to be in the Magazine here when they did that super collector thing and I didn't meet the idea here.
The reason you made it is because you have over 40% completion since Eddie has over 1500 cards.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

We are all collectors. We all have collections. I find the use of the term "supercollector" to be sad and self aggrandizing.

(02-06-2012, 07:25 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: He meant to say without 1/1s. Its 60% completion without counting 1/1s into the total. You may be at 71% with 1/1s but they do not count 1/1s. You will make it soon enough bro.

The reason you made it is because you have over 40% completion since Eddie has over 1500 cards.
Oh I haven't made it based on Eddie. I got in with Chris Henry
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

I collect the redskins as a team and they have 32,xxx cards as of right now and I have 15% right now and since I have been on this site for a month I have gotten 568 more in those 30 days.I think my collection is and will be super.I think everyones collection that they spend thier hard earned money and time on is super.But some people want and have to have that label....Mine will be the guys who has skins cards lol
Photobucket

I think a super collector can be a number of ways. I do think of myself as one as i keep and collect ANYTHING with the DOlphins LOGO on it.
I have just shy of 10,000 differnt cards over 1100 autos and jersy cards. I also have tons of cups, posters newspapers magazines signed 8x10's auto jersys and mini helmets. I also have a few full sized game used items.
I think a super collector is anyone who has a specific goal in mind and goes after it. I go after anything dolphins with a few main people.... Gadsden, Odrick Wake, Camarillo.
I AM a super collector on taht other site people are refering to and i still think my PC is dwarfed by some sometimes. Being a team collector is alot harder b/c you can have so many differnt things in your collection and only part of it by thier standards counts.
Many people i know know me as a DIE hard Dolphins fan and collector. I think i could be one of the biggest dolphins fans in New England Maybe MA. Tongue

Sorry got a bit off topic. I think some people feel unless other people say wow you have a super collection of.... then they dont feel they do.
But if you collect a guy for a specfic reason or just the love of the team/ player and you have a large majority of thier stuff be it cards, memorobilia posters... whatever than yes you are a supe collector.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn