`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it slow to everybody else when trading?

RE: Is it slow to everybody else when trading?
(02-05-2012, 09:41 AM)randall617 Wrote: Surprised you just noticed this. The trade pages are always slow in the evenings and weekends.
Yes, but yesterday was VERY SLOW, much more than any other time over the last 8 months

(02-05-2012, 11:25 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Yes, but yesterday was VERY SLOW, much more than any other time over the last 8 months
+1
[Image: braunsig.png]

I thought it was just me, mine is slow as well. Very slow on trades page.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(02-05-2012, 11:25 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Yes, but yesterday was VERY SLOW, much more than any other time over the last 8 months
I keep myself busy by having multiple pages open when the trade pages are slow so I guess I didn't notice the degree to which how slow things were.

I upgraded my computer to one with a 6 core processor, I upgraded my ISP to a cable modem which is 12 time faster than my old DSL, and I bought a wireless router that runs at 300 MBPS, and it is STILL slow loading.

The problem is not necessarily with your computer rather the servers at Beckett are so overwhelmed because the software is so inadequate it is forcing many hundreds of thousands of accesses to the servers that are not necessary. If Beckett could only fix the problems so the the matches (gold stars) would migrate to the top of the search page they would save untold disc accesses and speed the process up tremendously. You would only have to look at one page and not 20 or 30 or more pages to get the same information

Ray

(02-06-2012, 09:47 AM)ktcardshop Wrote: I upgraded my computer to one with a 6 core processor, I upgraded my ISP to a cable modem which is 12 time faster than my old DSL, and I bought a wireless router that runs at 300 MBPS, and it is STILL slow loading.

The problem is not necessarily with your computer rather the servers at Beckett are so overwhelmed because the software is so inadequate it is forcing many hundreds of thousands of accesses to the servers that are not necessary. If Beckett could only fix the problems so the the matches (gold stars) would migrate to the top of the search page they would save untold disc accesses and speed the process up tremendously. You would only have to look at one page and not 20 or 30 or more pages to get the same information

Ray
AMEN!!!!! Redundant system processes X 1000 slows the best server/interface interactions!!!

I haven't had any problems with it. JMO

I have noticed the trade and organize being a little slower than usual and in the past few days the forums have been MUCH slower. Hopefully they are on the verge of an upgrade to the site.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

I've noticed on quite a few pages that even after every looks loaded, my browser is still reading info from the server, like it's never completely loaded and settled. Hopefully these are all little side effects of them doing some work under the hood and not just a sign of things to come.

(02-07-2012, 02:19 PM)rossmaute Wrote: I've noticed on quite a few pages that even after every looks loaded, my browser is still reading info from the server, like it's never completely loaded and settled. Hopefully these are all little side effects of them doing some work under the hood and not just a sign of things to come.
In fact it is still loading now..Something is wrong..
MODS..want to alert IT or what?? Acting like it wants to crash..