`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1/1 A True 1/1 the only black ink auto ever used by topps , Topps didnt know it exist

RE: 1/1 A True 1/1 the only black ink auto ever used by topps , Topps didnt know it exist
Here ya go:
2003 Bowman's Best Brooks Bollinger AU:
[Image: bollinger03bowmanbest.jpg]

2004 Bowman's Best Jim Sorgi AU
[Image: sorgi04best.jpg]

2009 Bowman Draft PJ Hill letters
[Image: hill09bowman-1.jpg][Image: hill09bowmanH.jpg]

So at least 4 other black ink autos have escaped from Topps.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

RE: 1/1 A True 1/1 the only black ink auto ever used by topps , Topps didnt know it exist
lolz exposed...
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

Perhaps there is SOME validity to this idea.

This is the only topps brand auto I own in the black ink.

[Image: 11-08-2011021915AM.jpg]
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

how is that validity? he said no topps product has it, and now combined you have shown 5 autos from 3 different years/products?
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

cause maybe he forgot BBest is part of Topps Company. He may only think that Topps, TChrome, TPlatinum, TFinest, TInception, etc.
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

All Im trying to say is I only have 1 black ink auto made by topps products and Im guessing at least 50 blue ink autos. Thats a 50:1 ratio. Perhaps they are a lot more rare than we think. Some more research needs to be done IMO.

That said claiming to have a 1/1 without solid proof is a bit of a stretch and misleading.
And for whatever its worth there is only ONE Dan Marino auto made by a Topps product signed in black ink on the bay.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I get what youre saying now...his claim was this was the only topps product to ever be signed in black ink. Maybe they dont use black often, but that has been put to bed as being 100% false. My guess is what he has is either a fake, or a player issued card that they are given to keep/hand out to family, etc. Regardless, those cards do not run at a premium as they are often faked as well (Topps Rookie Premiere), and actually are usually discounted as you dont know what youre getting. So even if he had it authenticated by Beckett, PSA, etc, I dont think that would run a premium, even for an Alex Smith collector. If it was one of my PC guys, it would be nothing more than an authentic autograph that I would look it similar to an in person auto that has been authenticated, and id still rather have the regular blue ink version of the card.