`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Item# 250896730460

RE: Item# 250896730460
(02-03-2012, 11:58 AM)giantfan270 Wrote: Can I buy the Boley glove?
of course

I hate when sellers do auctions like this. They show all these great pictures and then state, "the auction is not for everything in the pictures". I understand when it is for a single card and someone shows multiple cards in a single picture, though I am not found of that either. However there is no reason for the seller to include all those pictures except for to try and deceive someone into thinking they will be getting more than what the auction lists. Now I know the seller started the description by saying to read everything carefully, but that is just his way of getting out of having to issue a refund when someone complains. The biggest problem I would have as the seller is that the auction was a Buy It Now / Best Offer style, and you could have easily asked for clarification before bidding. Hopefully the seller is understanding, but I would bet he won't be happy about it.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

You may even be able to avoid a NPB strike here...

Contact the seller as mkufka also suggested (Don't just leave him hanging!) Explain why you want to back out AND APOLOGIZE for "jumping the gun." Then, politely tell him you will gladly agree to cancel the transaction so eBay can refund his seller fees. Again, be polite, but be clear that you do not intend to proceed with the purchase.

If he agrees to cancel the transaction, that's it. He can't leave a strike against you.

Now, he can eventually get his seller fee's back by filing a NPB against you (this is where your strike comes in), but he might not want to wait.
[Image: OuM7E.png]

1997 Ultra PLATINUM - 81.4% Complete (285/350)

*Hundreds and hundreds of trades completed here and elsewhere. Ah, the days of trading in AOL chat rooms and leaving feedback on eBay... But sure, I'll send first. lol ... Really, I don't mind. Smile

(02-03-2012, 11:16 AM)mkufta Wrote: I did the same thing with a case of 2010 Press Pass football but once I realized I wouldn't be getting the case for like 3 months, I told him I wanted out as I would have no protection at that point. He didn't like that and wanted to give me a strike. A strike does nothing unless its your third.
I'd actually fight that strike also. Doesn't ebay have a stipulation you can not pre-sell an item over 30 days? For THAT particular reason.

Then again it was 2010. It is prob. off by now.

(02-03-2012, 05:05 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: I'd actually fight that strike also. Doesn't ebay have a stipulation you can not pre-sell an item over 30 days? For THAT particular reason.

Then again it was 2010. It is prob. off by now.
You're probably right. I figured it was my fault for bidding in the first place knowing I wouldnt have protection but when it was time to pay I just couldn't pull the trigger.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

(02-03-2012, 05:21 PM)mkufta Wrote: You're probably right. I figured it was my fault for bidding in the first place knowing I wouldnt have protection but when it was time to pay I just couldn't pull the trigger.
It still would have warned Ebay to the seller selling stuff outside of the allowed time frame.

or just dont pay and eventually u will have to make another id lol

(02-03-2012, 05:32 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: It still would have warned Ebay to the seller selling stuff outside of the allowed time frame.
His story was, he won a discounted case of Press Pass. He needed the $300 to get the case which was worth like $800 or something. I bought it for like $400 (these might not be correct numbers).

He had to pay for it now and he would receive it in a few months when it was produced and shipped. At that point he would ship it to me.

Yes I know that's against eBay but I guess I just didn't feel like getting him in trouble.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com