`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AUs, GUs and Inserts

AUs, GUs and Inserts
I think we should start a Revolution of sorts to get Card Companies to only produce these THREE items for every product they offer. All cards should be 1/1s, so there does not create a problem of people having the inconvience of duplicates.

It has become pretty obvious that this is all that is being traded for here and Who Cares? if the price is $1k to $1500 per pack/box for 1 card. It should cut down on the cost of shipping Trades, why would anyone want to trade a 1/1 except for another 1/1.

With each card actually being its own Checklist, the need for Beckett to organize and Price would become redundant. Pricing would become static and everyone would be Happy as a Squat Blossom thinking the have the Top Card Ever........

Viva! The Revolution!
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

RE: AUs, GUs and Inserts
[Image: WTF.jpg]
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

The sports card Tea Party revolution. I agree, too much stuff being produced.
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

I trade a good variety of everything. No complaints here on the current production : /. I just pick up what i like, and others do the same.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(02-01-2012, 09:46 PM)Krangry Wrote: I trade a good variety of everything. No complaints here on the current production : /. I just pick up what i like, and others do the same.
+1

I wish people on here had cards I need that I could trade for.. I don't mind trading gu'ed or auto's for Canseco's I need no matter what they are as long as the BV's add up
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

My 2 cents is that GU are kinda overrated to begin with. Most of them simply say game worn, most don't tell which game or what game, the jersey could be from a spring training game for all we know. Just how many "home"/"road" jerseys do players wear in a 162 game season??? It's probably upwards of 30 to 40 and for the small patches they can prolly make 300 cards from 1 jersey, bigger players you might get more haha. I do collect Yankee GU only because I'm a fan but I think they are still overrated and over priced. One GU that kinda upset me was my CC Sabathia Topps 60, on the card he is a Yankee but the jersey is red "Indians". It would mean more to me if it were in pinstripes. Autos on the other hand I do like to collect but again they way they do these are interesting. I was talking with a couple guys who train at my sons baseball acadamey who have recently been doing autos (Bregman and Swihart) and what was said was interesting, in that the they are given sheets with the certified auto stickers on them and they simply sign them and send them back to the company. I would assume on card autographs are handled differently. The Letter patches have always kinda puzzled me, maybe its just my lack of knowlege, but I have seen some letter patches where the font of the letter on the card does not even come close to matching the font on the jersey. Again due to an abundance of jerseys used throughout a season may offer some reasoning for it, I just simply take it at face value. Again they are cool, but I personally don't spend money on them. Inserts purely crap, take out the inserts in packs and give me another base card or two or three, put the inserts in 2 or 3 packs of their own and throw 1 or 2 packs in the box or an insert box and let those who want to buy them buy them. Of course if it wern't for inserts I'd have little to trade to you guys out there who have helped me build my sets. Ok thats my rant.
kmaese24