`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So have we established which condition will be the universal condition???

So have we established which condition will be the universal condition???
Are we using Mint 9 as the default condition or NM-MT 8 as the default condition?

I take 11 views and 0 posts as a no. lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: So have we established which condition will be the universal condition???
Beckett bases BV off of NM-MT. I, personally think an 8.5 is and has always been the standard but with Beckett intrigating(sp?) the graded prices into the system this could no longer be the standard as BGS 8.5's actually do carry a premium to actual graded card collectors. Most people dont know this but to an actual person who is knowledgable in graded cards they often do bring in a pretty nice premium if you find the collector. And about 75-80% of pack pulled cards only bring in a 8 to an 8.5. I have often times sold a 9.5 for double BV and 9's for 50% over BV which is why I rarely trade them on here or let them run at auction as most people simply dont understand the grading. No one here is a grader and unless you look at each and every card thru a jewelers loop and actually know what to look for if you think your cards are worthy of a premium you are sadly mistaken because unless your card is slabbed and marked with a 9 its not what Beckett considers Mint. It is infact still a raw card and raw card values are based of the NM-MT value of 8 regardless of what "you" think - and I dont mean you specifically lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Thanks bud for the insight lol but...I was referring to the system default condition on beckett.com when setting up trades lol. Some people have theirs set at mint 9 and some (like myself) have gone the NM-MT 8 setting. Just wanted to know if we came up with a universal choice yet?

I believe floydtown had a poll going and I was curious if we stated which condition should be the "default".
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Right - I dont know the poll, but Beckett has determined that for us - BV is based off an 8. My vote goes to NM-MT simply to get rid of the $37.50, $18.25 etc etc BV's lol
Manning PC

I agree. Thats what I mean. Just for the sake of having "normal" bvs listed when trading I think everyone should set their default to NM-MT.

I probably shouldve been more specific so you didnt have to type all that out up above lol. However I agree with everything you said there as well. For whatever that is worth lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(02-01-2012, 01:45 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Are we using Mint 9 as the default condition or NM-MT 8 as the default condition?

I take 11 views and 0 posts as a no. lol.
I've been trying to change all mine to 8.5 in my trade org. Keep taking study breaks tonight to do it because I didn't realize that they were all set to 9's. I really miss some of the features on the old site!
[Image: steelers.jpg]

I had alterior motives for typing all that out lol

Jeremy - i changed out 6000+ cards to 8 from 9 in about 2 minutes. Just go to "all items" "layout" click "grade" click the "select" box, click "collection" Over "condition" you'll see "fill" click the drop down to 8 and click submit. Every card in your org is now an 8 instead of a 9. Unless you have graded cards entered you shouldnt have to do it any other way.
Manning PC

(02-01-2012, 02:50 AM)jeremy0998 Wrote: I've been trying to change all mine to 8.5 in my trade org. Keep taking study breaks tonight to do it because I didn't realize that they were all set to 9's. I really miss some of the features on the old site!
You can change them all at one time bud.

Click on "all items"

click on "choose columns"

add "condition"

click "ok"

If you did this right now you will see a column in your org that says condition. If it does then

click "select" and choose "collection"

Every card will be highlighted now.

Click "fill" on the "condition" tab and now change all your cards at once to NM-MT 8.

I know you want to do 8.5 but Beckett has determined 8 to be the "default" condition. In the end it just makes trading a tad easier IMO.

Hope this helps!
(02-01-2012, 02:59 AM)branesergen Wrote: I had alterior motives for typing all that out lol

Jeremy - i changed out 6000+ cards to 8 from 9 in about 2 minutes. Just go to "all items" "layout" click "grade" click the "select" box, click "collection" Over "condition" you'll see "fill" click the drop down to 8 and click submit. Every card in your org is now an 8 instead of a 9. Unless you have graded cards entered you shouldnt have to do it any other way.
Great now you made me waste typing more than I should have haha!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

The only problem I had with changing mine over to 8's and 8.5's is that I have a bunch of older (and/or damaged) cards that were already marked to their actual condition. I couldn't simply 'blanket change' my conditions.
Plus, it takes quite a while to go through 30,000+ items. I still haven't changed my basketball cards yet, but I got all of my others done. I changed them JUST b/c of how the BV's show up in 'trade' now.

i am using NM "8" and NM-M 8.5...we are lying to ourselves if we use Mint 9...Really.
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95