`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Worst Redemption Card Of All Time! Enjoy!

The Worst Redemption Card Of All Time! Enjoy!
OK, here's the deal ... back in either September or October I pulled a redemption card from 2011 Topps Platinum football for a Darvin Adams base rookie auto.

I waited ... and waited ... and finally got an email that I could request a replacement.

So I did, hoping maybe based on the equivalent book value they'd shoot me, you know, a Kendall Hunter or Titus Young auto — you know, a decent rookie that kind of had an under-the-radar but solid season.

I understand those types of guys may have been a couple of bucks higher on the BV scale, but I was shocked when I received this today:

[Image: JamesHardy.jpg]

This is the same James Hardy that was released in September ... of 2010 ... before this 2010 Topps Magic beauty ever even came out.

He did not play in 2011.

You think maybe Topps could have sent me a card of somebody who has played in the NFL in the last two years?

Well, at least it's a nice looking card. Enjoy! RJ

RE: The Worst Redemption Card Of All Time! Enjoy!
lol I'm not shocked.Adams was practice squad for 3/4 of this year.The two you were hoping for are well above Darvin Adams value lol he doesnt have much at all.

(01-31-2012, 02:08 AM)jdetter23 Wrote: lol I'm not shocked.Adams was practice squad for 3/4 of this year.The two you were hoping for are well above Darvin Adams value lol he doesnt have much at all.
I totally agree ... as soon as I pulled it, I looked him up and knew it wasn't going to be a big hit.

But two things — one, if he was on the practice squad all year, did he REALLY not have time to sign his cards?

And two, you'd think these companies (not just picking on Topps specifically) would look at the fact that a collector pulls a redemption (not as much fun as an actual card itself), then has to wait X number of weeks/months ...

I understand they're not going to send me a Cam Newton (LOL, near and dear to your heart!), but if my redemption is an $8 card and these other two examples are like, $12 cards, are they really going to go bankrupt on it?

Plus, the crappy part is, I waited like a month after the allotted time to request a replacement, because I was hoping I'd get the Adams.

Maybe I'm weird, I just like to get what I was supposed to get, even if it's not that great.

But, I go online and I see that he's signed for Magic — 2011, not 2010, like Hardy! — as well as Sterling.

Just frustrating. I can't believe this doesn't constitute some degree of fraud.

Oh well.

Ouch... that sucks. Yea, I sent in my Sergio Kindle redemption thinking they'd never have it... oh how surprised I was when I got my.... Sergio Kindle. LOL. *shrugs shoulders* Can't win em' all.

(01-31-2012, 02:00 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: OK, here's the deal ... back in either September or October I pulled a redemption card from 2011 Topps Platinum football for a Darvin Adams base rookie auto.

I waited ... and waited ... and finally got an email that I could request a replacement.

So I did, hoping maybe based on the equivalent book value they'd shoot me, you know, a Kendall Hunter or Titus Young auto — you know, a decent rookie that kind of had an under-the-radar but solid season.

I understand those types of guys may have been a couple of bucks higher on the BV scale, but I was shocked when I received this today:

[Image: JamesHardy.jpg]

This is the same James Hardy that was released in September ... of 2010 ... before this 2010 Topps Magic beauty ever even came out.

He did not play in 2011.

You think maybe Topps could have sent me a card of somebody who has played in the NFL in the last two years?

Well, at least it's a nice looking card. Enjoy! RJ

Nice future HOFer you got there.
Bo Jackson (all cards BB/FB) Mike Alstott RC and GU/Autos, and Pro Set Errors and Variations.
http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/34BoJackson16/library/Football%20FS%20FT?sort=4&page=1

(01-31-2012, 02:25 PM)bo16jackson Wrote: Nice future HOFer you got there.
Yeah, totally ... it seems like they could at least sent someone from the same set, or same year ... or someone who had played in the NFL the last two years.

Just wanted to clarify my original post, too, so that I didn't sound like I expected a sweet hit in return for Adams ...

I understand that replacements are made on equivalent book value, so I didn't expect Kendall Hunter or Titus Young specifically.

Just saying, I wasn't expecting Cam Newton or AJ Green (LOL), but didn't think it was crazy to hope for a 2011 rookie that actually played in the NFL.

Darvin Adams was quite possibly the worst pull on the checklist, so I wasn't expecting much.

Just wasn't expecting what I got.

You want to know the worst part of all this, that I didn't mention before?

Back when 2010 Magic came out, these boards were full of people that were pulling Bradford autos, Tebow autos, Manning, etc. ...

I got in on the mania and bought a few blasters ...

And pulled James Hardy.

So this is actually my second one! Boooooo .....

Shane Bannon= worst redemption card of all time, I will glady say you got 2nd though....LOL

I got the same card for Darvin Adams.

I'd be happy to take it off your hands, he's a local boy from around here.
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75