Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Spring Expo worth it?
Smile 
Is the Spring Expo worth it?
I live in Philadelphia and am considering going to the Spring Expo. It will be about a 9 hour drive. From people who have been there, is it worth the trip?

RE: Is the Spring Expo worth it?
It depends on what you are looking for. I was there one year and they have great deals wax and a lot of lower end stuff. The higher end stuff most people were asking a pretty coin for. If you go expecting to pay e-bay type prices for the higher end stuff than you will be disappointed. For me though, it was the atmosphere. It Was amazing! The place was huge and there were hockey fans everywhere!

If you do go make a weekend out of it... and bring loads of cash... usually every day for a few hours they have 2-3 guys signing autographs....Upperdeck has its wrapper redemption...... it is massive and could easily kill a day or two in there.....its a lot of fun and there is nothing else quite like it.....not only that you get to listen to the jets rumble the place every time they take off from the airport across the road... lol
Looking for 2010-11 Panini - Dominion Peerless Patches /25; Cam Ward, Crosby and Lemieux - or any others /25 Peerless Patches out there PM me...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/home/jefferz940/index

i was told Fall is better then Spring

but it is the mega hockey show I haven't been yet but i am going to go one night
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I would be happy to attend either one.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

I've been to the fall expo, great time need to make the spring. Fall was great loved every minute, I would definately do it again.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

Either timeframe is great. The Fall has the HOF tied into it where you will see more HOF signings and new product. The Spring is where dealers want to unload old product so they can prepare for the upcoming season. Either show is great. Just like the other post make a long weekend. Toronto is a great city to visit and you will want to hit the HOF. Where in Philly are you? I am in Blackwood in SJ.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

I've been to the Spring once, it was a good time. At least it was once we got there. Crossing the border was such a difficulty, I haven't gone back since.

The one thing I will tell you is this, have your paperwork in order to cross the border. The border is a much more serious business than it used to be.
You also might want to consider going to buy only and not bring anything with you for trading/selling.

When I went with 3 other collectors, one of the guys brought a small box of card for trade, and I brought 2 sealed boxes to open for the Expo freebies. When we got to the border, we were told that our items constitiuted importing goods for financial gain, and the border guard made us go to the building to claim our goods and pay the appropriate import duty fees. The 2 guards inside laughed about it, and let us go, but did tell us that TECHNICALLY the first guard was right, they just weren't going to enforce it against a couple a guys with hockey cards....
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

haha I had the same thing happen.... lol but on other hand apparently they have been holding my 5 Beckett graded cards from Beckett since Dec 31 and no word as to why or when I will get them... lol WTH !

(02-01-2012, 08:07 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: I've been to the Spring once, it was a good time. At least it was once we got there. Crossing the border was such a difficulty, I haven't gone back since.

The one thing I will tell you is this, have your paperwork in order to cross the border. The border is a much more serious business than it used to be.
You also might want to consider going to buy only and not bring anything with you for trading/selling.

When I went with 3 other collectors, one of the guys brought a small box of card for trade, and I brought 2 sealed boxes to open for the Expo freebies. When we got to the border, we were told that our items constitiuted importing goods for financial gain, and the border guard made us go to the building to claim our goods and pay the appropriate import duty fees. The 2 guards inside laughed about it, and let us go, but did tell us that TECHNICALLY the first guard was right, they just weren't going to enforce it against a couple a guys with hockey cards....
Looking for 2010-11 Panini - Dominion Peerless Patches /25; Cam Ward, Crosby and Lemieux - or any others /25 Peerless Patches out there PM me...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/home/jefferz940/index

I live in Toronto, and go to both shows every year. It has plenty of everything (boxes, singles, jerseys, pins/coins etc.)

I highly recommend giving it a try at least. But maybe give yourself more than just one day. If you have the green, it's worth it.

And if not, you can spend some time in beautiful T.O.
Martin Brodeur (1641/6387) 25.7%

Travis Zajac (205/424) 48.3%

Sean Burke (517/1121) 46.1%

brodeurthezajandseanyb.weebly.com