`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this shill bidding? Update, card came..

RE: Is this shill bidding?
(01-29-2012, 10:42 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: I was willing to pay 200 if someone else was bidding me for it. Im not willing to pay some guy an extra 100 just because he felt like taking advantage..
Youy both snipe bid at the same time and because you bid higher you won there was nothing wrong with this as it looks legit to me. Your looking at it the wrong way as I said before the seller dosen't know what your max bid on the card was for and be happy you won it. It seems to me you just do not wanna pay $200.00 and thought you would not have to but wanted to be safe and win the auction so you bid higher than what you wanted to pay and when it went to your max bid you were upset and your having a change of heart on buying the card.
(01-29-2012, 10:42 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: I was willing to pay 200 if someone else was bidding me for it. Im not willing to pay some guy an extra 100 just because he felt like taking advantage..
Im hoping this is what happened. And again, if someone else was honestly wanting this card and was willing to pay 199 then Im happy to win at 200. It still just really weird that he bid 199.00.

I never told the seller that I was going to bid and how much and it was a snipe at the end.
Then trust me it was legit.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(01-29-2012, 10:49 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Youy both snipe bid at the same time and because you bid higher you won there was nothing wrong with this as it looks legit to me. Your looking at it the wrong way as I said before the seller dosen't know what your max bid on the card was for and be happy you won it. It seems to me you just do not wanna pay $200.00 and thought you would not have to but wanted to be safe and win the auction so you bid higher than what you wanted to pay and when it went to your max bid you were upset and your having a change of heart on buying the card.

Then trust me it was legit.
Hey as long as it was legit Im happy to win it!! Thats why I wanted a second opinion, Im not an expert on how people can do things on the bay. Thanks!! Still surprised that it went for so high. I really expected it to go lower looking at some of the others sold.

People bid just shy of a round number all the time. It's actually a decent strategy if executed just *before* most snipes come in. As I indicated earlier, if he had bid a second before you, he'd have won the item even thought you bid higher, because your bid wasn't incrementally high enough to count.

In fact, if your competition suspected a bid of $200 was going to come in at the last second, he could have bid just $197.51 and still won the auction, because at that level you need a successful bid to be at least $2.50 higher to count.

If that's what he was doing he screwed up. He needed to beat you to the punch. One second earlier and he'd have the super.

I just wanna give you an example as I was 3rd on this auction for $25.00 and it sold for $90.99. If those 2 didn't bid I would of won the auction for $14.99. I know both the guys one of them is a member here and the way I feel they both have alot of money to spend on cards all 3 of us sniped the auction at 3 seconds and Nelson beat Jeremy. These are the type of guys I have to compete with and why I hold cards hostage like the double of the Leaf Steel Promo I have of Derek Jeter. I listed it for a stupid price just to draw attention and I had a ton of emails as people wanted to deal with me but did not have what I am looking for. I just found out I have another card Nelson needs and I am going to try and deal it for the Jumbo Sprotflix and I would like to get the Zenith Artist Proof I need that he has.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140687550574?ru=...3D1&_rdc=1
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Thanks guys this really helped. Im just happy to know that it was a legit auction. Tough luck to the 2nd place of the auction if he is here then.

I also agree not a shill. And at the very least you would have paid $155.00 as there was also a 3rd place bidder at $150.00. I agree with said before that the 2nd place guy was also trying to snipe.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(01-29-2012, 11:18 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: I also agree not a shill. And at the very least you would have paid $155.00 as there was also a 3rd place bidder at $150.00. I agree with said before that the 2nd place guy was also trying to snipe.
3rd was me at $150 but thats irrelevant now haha.

I was actually watching this card while it ended. it was at about 66 bucks until 15 seconds ish left if Im recalling it right. I was gonna put in a bid of 80, but then it went from like 70 something to 150 and then from 150 to 200 in the last second. Unless he was shilling with sniping software there was literally no time for this guy to even type out multiple bids let alone incrementally bid it up while trying not to go too high. Im happy someone else here got it since I missed out though Smile

(01-30-2012, 01:46 AM)ryand1207 Wrote: Unless he was shilling with sniping software there was literally no time for this guy to even type out multiple bids let alone incrementally bid it up while trying not to go too high.
actually, not true - i manually snipe, and keep 2-3 tabs open with different amounts, just in case

(01-29-2012, 11:13 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Thanks guys this really helped. Im just happy to know that it was a legit auction. Tough luck to the 2nd place of the auction if he is here then.
Just so you know, it wast me going after the card!!! Lol =P

Its an awesome card, very nice find imo. Now you have a victorino 1/1 that Ill never find lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s