`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unpeeled finest mystery brett favre refractor

unpeeled finest mystery brett favre refractor
I have a 1998 Unpeeled Mystery Finest refractor of Brett Favre M1, which still has the black coating on the one side. Now according to Beckett any mystery finest refractors were seeded 1:144. But is there a higher premium on the unpeeled version? Especially a Favre? The book value according to the multiplier is $40.00. But there is no multiplier for it still having the original black peel coating which seems odd since probably 75-80 percent were probably peeled.

Could anyone give me an idea what i could or should attempt to sell the card for or better yet a good value to place on it??

Any help would be much appreciated. my name is amber thank you

RE: unpeeled finest mystery brett favre refractor
welcome aboard Amber and "no" ..... the BV doesn't matter if it's peeled or not IMHO, hope that helps Smile

(01-29-2012, 07:42 PM)pbean Wrote: welcome aboard Amber and "no" ..... the BV doesn't matter if it's peeled or not IMHO, hope that helps Smile
How can a card come unpeeled and then 80 percent get peeled and there is no difference from peeled unpeeled that dose not make much sense to me. So a product of any kind that is collectible holds no better value in thee exact shape it came in as apposed to altered??? I am sorry i dont understand that...So its really not any different in price then?

and am i wrong are unpeeled common then??

(01-29-2012, 08:00 PM)goodcards Wrote: How can a card come unpeeled and then 80 percent get peeled and there is no difference from peeled unpeeled that dose not make much sense to me. So a product of any kind that is collectible holds no better value in thee exact shape it came in as apposed to altered??? I am sorry i dont understand that...So its really not any different in price then?

and am i wrong are unpeeled common then??
because it's the same card underneath ..... it's not like there was variations (outside of regular and refractor) condition is still the key, you can have a pristine peeled card, and one "unpeeled" that has scratches etc.

The pristine peeled of course will be worth more Smile

The only kind of card that has "more value" IMHO would be something like a 2009 Mayo RIP card, because you don't know what's inside Smile

Theres prolly a difference in what people would pay yes. Maybe 10-15 for peeled, and 20-30 for unpeeled. The bv is given for the card in its original form which you have.

If there were a price difference, I'd rather pay less and get the peeled version. If they were the same price, I'd buy it unpeeled and peel it off myself. A lot of my 1999 Finest Refractors I bought unpeeled removing the cover and subbing them to BGS, I consistantly have a good surface grade. Getting back to the Favre card, leaving the black peel on detracts from the beauty of the card on the front imo.

(01-29-2012, 08:10 PM)cody_allen Wrote: Theres prolly a difference in what people would pay yes. Maybe 10-15 for peeled, and 20-30 for unpeeled. The bv is given for the card in its original form which you have.
the Mystery series had a black coating on them, so you wouldn't be able to tell which player it was if it wasn't peeled (coating was on both sides of the card) ..... unlike the regular Finest that had the see through coating.

wow i have learned alot here. thanks Amber for bringing this up and to all who replied. never knew that about those black filmed mystery cards...or any filmed cards really..i have some but narry a clue about the peel stuff on them
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

No difference in price just keeps it from getting scratched...but it could have gotten scratched in the application of the film. If I was you id peel it and get it graded right away or put it into protection right away
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

How do you know its Favre if its unpeeled?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341