`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad eBay Seller... Hockey Cards

Bad eBay Seller... Hockey Cards
I recently bought a Scott Stevens The Cup Auto Patch on eBay from a seller (if anyone wants the name PM me)... he is from Canada.

I received an email today saying the card was damged by his son and he refunded my money... not all of it by the way.

Then I checked on eBay and saw he re-listed the card and sold it for more money.

I would have paid more for it...

He told me he was sorry and he was new at selling.

[Image: Star.gif]

RE: Bad eBay Seller... Hockey Cards
When I read the first part, it sounded like the right and appropriate thing for the seller to do, for the most part (excluding the money he did not refund)...and then I read the second part and saw that, that was a very douchey thing of the seller to do, to relist just to get more money out of someone else.

I hate people who lie, and making up a story to get out of something and then make more money off of someone else is completely unacceptable in this world. I am a new seller (longtime buyer though) on e-Bay, but would never in a billion years pull something even considered low, much less something like that which is literally in the gutter.

(01-29-2012, 12:22 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: When I read the first part, it sounded like the right and appropriate thing for the seller to do, for the most part (excluding the money he did not refund)...and then I read the second part and saw that, that was a very douchey thing of the seller to do, to relist just to get more money out of someone else.

I hate people who lie, and making up a story to get out of something and then make more money off of someone else is completely unacceptable in this world. I am a new seller (longtime buyer though) on e-Bay, but would never in a billion years pull something even considered low, much less something like that which is literally in the gutter.
I know... I got the email this morning saying his son spilled juice on it and he was sorry.

But in the listing it states "the card is NR/MNT and has been sealed since opening from pack. Then somehow his son spills juice on it???

So I checked eBay and I had the listing saved in my watch list and saw that the item was re-listed and sold today.

Unbelievable!!!

I wrote him back asking why he lied...

Then he wrote me back saying he was new at selling and he was sorry.

I have been looking for a Scott Stevens Auto Patch the Cup card for a long time and I was very happy when I got this one... But I guess it was not meant to be.
[Image: Star.gif]

I would report this to eBay for sure! That is an atrocious thing for him to do... new or not! You should have that card in your inventory, period! There is no reason for things like this to happen, other than sheer greed. It really makes my blood boil when I hear things like this. I hope that things get better, and thanks for the heads-up.

Randi

Pay for it again and tell him that despite the damage he claimed you are still going through with the purchase. Keep paying for it every time he refunds you. Also contact eBay and tell them that the seller won't accept your payment for the item you rightfully won.

Did you report this to eBay?
How long ago did you win it?

I only see one completed listed for the card where there was a winning bid.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

I would CALL eBay instead of trying to email them. If the message he sent you was sent through eBay they can review all of it. Put that with the fact that it was relisted and he could get shut down as a seller. That's just ridiculous.

(01-29-2012, 12:57 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I would CALL eBay instead of trying to email them. If the message he sent you was sent through eBay they can review all of it. Put that with the fact that it was relisted and he could get shut down as a seller. That's just ridiculous.
+1!!! Great point! Do it up!

Randi

how can you search an ebay member ? I try in the community but allways found no matches.....

(01-29-2012, 12:57 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I would CALL eBay instead of trying to email them. If the message he sent you was sent through eBay they can review all of it. Put that with the fact that it was relisted and he could get shut down as a seller. That's just ridiculous.
+2 now
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)