`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to leave the hobby

RE: Time to leave the hobby
(01-28-2012, 10:01 PM)mrspudhead Wrote: Thank you. Most of my best cards and sets will likely be placed on ebay. My Nugent-Hopkins Ice rookie should be up tomorrow. Spud
The Nugent-Hopkins Ice is numbered 30/99. Spud
sweet bro, I hope they pull a bunch to add to the retirement fund. If there's any Messiers/Red Wings you let me know! Thanks again for all you've done in the hobby, and i hope you have a wonderful retirement!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

And another casualty of the site. Being here is starting to feel like being old. Good people you consider friends within the hobby slowly disappear with every passing day. First one who vanished, in my memory, was the awesome moderator Greg (thecooker), Phil (Phildo), and then many others in between, then highlighted by Alan this week, and then you.

Good luck with whatever you decided to do, we in the hobby will miss you.

PS) Even I am cutting out the cards in favor of my new GU NHL hobby. I am slowly listing everything that is not Irbe or Szuper onto e-Bay in the coming months to try and make as much money back as possible.

(01-28-2012, 10:05 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: sweet bro, I hope they pull a bunch to add to the retirement fund. If there's any Messiers/Red Wings you let me know! Thanks again for all you've done in the hobby, and i hope you have a wonderful retirement!
Thank you. Before cards go up on ebay I'll make a post in this thread to give my Beckett friends the first heads up. There will be Wings, Messiers, Penguins and lots of 1/1's. At some point, probably my entire Habs Centennial set. One step at a time though. Spud
Photobucket: http://s965.photobucket.com/albums/ae140/mrspudhead98/
I enjoy Beckett but I don't trade cards anymore.
Favorite quotes "... it will be reported to Canada Rev."
(A966567760846SVermont8911CCC346.1).

Sorry to see you leave partner...I always enjoy reading your posts!

Spud, I wish you the best moving forward and hate to see you go as you were a HUGE part of the community here. So many people going now that were huge parts of the community here, thank you for all your contributions to the community, and you will me missed.

Bailey

(01-28-2012, 10:13 PM)mrspudhead Wrote: Thank you. Before cards go up on ebay I'll make a post in this thread to give my Beckett friends the first heads up. There will be Wings, Messiers, Penguins and lots of 1/1's. At some point, probably my entire Habs Centennial set. One step at a time though. Spud
Sweet, gracias for the heads up bro. They should all be encapsulated with a label "from the legendary Spud Collection" and sell for 4x bv lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Best of luck Spud!! I too have thought about hanging it up but just can't do it yet. I think about one day getting my son (soon to be two sons) involved in this "thing" of ours once they get a little older. The question is what the heck am I gonna do if they decide it's not for them ;-)

Please check out www.hockeyvadim.com for my whole collection

Banner done by "Tha Penguin"

[Image: vadim002.png]

Best of luck to you in whatever you do in the future. It is difficult to make choices but sometimes that it what has to happen.
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

Spud: Add my name to the list of well wishers, and fellow boarders who are saddened to see you leaving. You've always had some good advice and hobby insights in anything I've read that you posted.

As someone else noted, several key members have departed recently, and while I don't plan on leaving any time soon, I too have curtailed my visits to the boards as my new job has kept me too busy to devote the time I used to here. But, as they often say ( and who are "THEY" anyway??) Live goes on.
All the best Spud!
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. I am not an ebay user so other folks will be taking care of all the cards for me. These two should be posted sometime today I suspect. Spud

[Image: 2011-12Ice100Nugent-Hopkins.jpg]

[Image: 2010-11UltimateUSL-JSLogoStaal.jpg]
Photobucket: http://s965.photobucket.com/albums/ae140/mrspudhead98/
I enjoy Beckett but I don't trade cards anymore.
Favorite quotes "... it will be reported to Canada Rev."
(A966567760846SVermont8911CCC346.1).