`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card show pickups...scans!

Card show pickups...scans!
Spent what felt like about 2 hours at the Raleigh card show today. Was actually there 5 hours! Made some nice pickups, both for the PC and for trade.

First the PC. Traded lots of Jordans I have doubles of and whatnot to get these. Got several lower-end MJs I needed as well, but here are the highlights.

1996 SPx Record Breaker #R1
1995-96 Finest #229
1993-94 Skybox Dynamic Dunks #D4
1993-94 Skybox Center Stage #CS1 (great looking inserts from that product!)
1992-93 Upper Deck Jerry West Selects #JW1 & #JW4

[Image: MJcardshowpickups001.jpg]

Next, the FT items. A guy was selling some guaranteed hit packs so I picked up a variety. Actually did pretty well, though the second nicest hit bv wise wasn't even a GU/Auto!

2010-11 Donruss Production Line: Tony Parker /99, Stephen Curry /399
2010-11 Classics Membership: Andre Iguodala /499
2008-09 Upper Deck: Game Jerseys-Andrea Bargnani; Starquest- Lebron James Copper
and last but definitely not least...2007-08 Upper Deck Game Jersey Larry Bird!

[Image: cardshowpackhits001.jpg]

Lastly, a guy had a table where he was selling GU/auto pieces 4/$10 so I was hoping to find some nice trade bait. Ended up getting 10 cards for just $20 plus my Sam Perkins floor card from 11-12 SP Authentic. Four of the cards were Ohio State football autos for my PC, here are the other six...I think I did darn good. EVERY card is numbered /100 or lower!

2009-10 Absolute Memorabilia: Tyreke Evans (RC year) Star Gazing #4 083/100
2009-10 Playoff National Treasures: Dwight Howard NBA Gear dual #12 05/99
2010-11 Absolute Memorabilia: Chris Paul Hoopla #5 36/49; Steve Nash Star Gazing #29 49/49; Isiah Thomas Marks of Fame #4 23/49
2010-11 Threads: Hakeem Olajuwon All-Time Big Men Materials Prime #5 29/50

[Image: cardshowGUpickups001.jpg]

Again the Jordans are PC but everything else is for trade! Also, I should have my 07-08 stadium club hits updated soon too. Thanks for looking!

I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: Card show pickups...scans!
Very nice day for you, wish there were card shows around where I live, oh well. Wish we hadn't just completed a trade because I'm interested in the Bird and Iguodala jersey cards. Feel free to see if I might have something you like.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

nice cards. I miss card shows!! wish there were more of then, but not every month like they do in San Diego. tired of the same old dealers, cards, and no wax... haven't been back to the SD show in a long time..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(01-28-2012, 09:17 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: nice cards. I miss card shows!! wish there were more of then, but not every month like they do in San Diego. tired of the same old dealers, cards, and no wax... haven't been back to the SD show in a long time..
yeah there was virtually no wax here either. There's a guy that has some NICE old school boxes (chrome, finest, etc.) but he hasn't shown up in several months. Pulled an MJ refractor out of one of his Chrome boxes the last time he was there. The only wax was those guaranteed hit packs that I picked up.

The show is heavy on vintage stuff too and basketball isn't a priority so I was fortunate to do as well as I did. Guy had a 95-96 Skybox Meltdown Jordan insert I REALLY wanted, but he wanted 75% of high bv and wouldn't trade because he didn't do basketball, he had like half a display case of nice older basketball that he said he got in an estate sale and had no interest in keeping it around. I tried to trade him like $60 in bv for it including a $30 MJ but he wouldn't do it, didn't want bball. GAH.

@gjpoll: I have your one GU card in your movie contest prize as a Samuel Dalembert piece out of 08-09 Skybox since it was the only 76ers GU piece I had. If you'd rather have the Iguodala I'll sub it in. (Kinda ruins the surprise but I'd rather you enjoy your prize!)
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I like the Bird GU and the Hakeem Patch, plz check my trade thread. Thx
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

like the isaih thomas and bird,please cmb

Nice cards, that is some nice Jordans that Finest is very nice. I am interested in the Larry Bird also, check me if it is still available.

Love seeing these cards. I miss going to card shows and sorting through cheap cards hoping to find something good that everyone else missed. Not many card shows in Los Angeles these days though.

Very nice pick ups! Love card shows!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Thanks Buckunteer, the Iguodala will be fine. Don't worry about the surprise being ruined though, the other cards will still be unknown to me. Thanks again.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.