`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the biggest prospect BUST you ever went "ALL IN" on?

RE: Who is the biggest prospect BUST you ever went "ALL IN" on?
Im hoping Domonic Brown doesnt turn into one even though I havent spent that much but Ive still bought a few of his rcs and autos.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I dropped alot of cash on JB Cox...He was a hot shot in the minors with the Yankees and had supposedly the best breaking ball and slider in the game. Well after 1 too many arguments with the manager he is now out of a Job I believe. If anyone needs and autos of him I have about 50
I collect Don Mattingly, Bryce Harper, Aaron Judge, Luis Severino & Delin Betances

Would love to get my hands on a Mariano Rivera auto

After seeing the news today about pat burrells retirement, I think he was sort of a bust too even though he had some nice years, he never managed to put up numbers consistently. I went after a few of his rcs because of the hype and him being a 1st round pick

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I have a few Tyler Greene, from the cards, But unless he does something insane this spring training he is not going to get much playing time behind furcal and theriot. Glad I never went too crazt for him haha
Looking for Erick Fedde cards, currently working on the 14 bowman sterling.

(01-30-2012, 03:35 PM)ozziefan04 Wrote: I have a few Tyler Greene, from the cards, But unless he does something insane this spring training he is not going to get much playing time behind furcal and theriot. Glad I never went too crazt for him haha
Theriot is a san francisco giant now, maybe greene will get more playing time that way

In 2003, I bought 2 of the 3 1/1 Mark Prior cards from that year. I spent about $1,300 on the 2002 Fleer Showcase Masterpiece and the 2002 Donruss Rookies Recollection Autograph. I was offered the 3rd one (has a bat in it), but he wanted way too much for it and the card was damaged even though it was a 1/1. I also bought quite a few of his 2001 rookies as well.
I regret spending that much on Prior.

(06-09-2012, 10:33 PM)danpia Wrote: In 2003, I bought 2 of the 3 1/1 Mark Prior cards from that year. I spent about $1,300 on the 2002 Fleer Showcase Masterpiece and the 2002 Donruss Rookies Recollection Autograph. I was offered the 3rd one (has a bat in it), but he wanted way too much for it and the card was damaged even though it was a 1/1. I also bought quite a few of his 2001 rookies as well.
I regret spending that much on Prior.
lol so you lurk around for 15 years and just now start to post??

Corey Patterson. He was supposedly a five tool player......

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Kevin Maas. I know a lot of people, myself included, who bought up a lot of 1990 Upper Deck of his. I think the prospecting thing has got a little out of control in recent years. the amount of money that is speculated is crazy. I'll stick to vintage.
[Image: rickeybanner.png]

Collecting: Rickey Henderson, Lyle Overbay, Bob Coluccio and Jerome Iginla

I have more Corey Patterson cards than anyone I personally know. I have kept all singles and am slowly trading of the doubles, triples, etc. The most I ever had of one card was about 35, I would guess. A far cry from 50,000, but still a lot for me. My favorite? There was a Press Pass issue back there somewhere wherein five were printed, and I have two. I do have a 1/1, but that two-out-of-five was pretty amazing to me considering I found them separately a couple years apart.

It was fun looking for one fellow, but I have learned to broaden my horizons, so to speak. As my sig says, I look for HOF Chicago players in all sports (but no Sox, I was born a Northsider) with some other personal faves. One of the huge joys of this game called "collecting" is you can aim for whatever you want and even change our mind along the way!

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.