`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the biggest prospect BUST you ever went "ALL IN" on?

Who is the biggest prospect BUST you ever went "ALL IN" on?
I'd like to hear from guys who started hoarding cards of Matt Bush, Casey Kotchman, Todd Van Poppel and company. Who did you think was a SURE thing who has turned out to be anything but? Anyone drop an embarrassing amount of money on a nobody? I bet there's some pretty funny 500ct RC boxes of Kaz Matsui and others hidden deep in some basements out there.

As for me, some would say that one of my PC guys -Cameron Maybin- is a bust and fits in this conversation. I still hold out hope for him putting it all together though. I'll give it a couple more years to see if he ever reaches his ceiling.

[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

RE: Who is the biggest prospect BUST you ever went "ALL IN" on?
I was always more of a team guy. Jed Lowrie seems to stand out for me though. Didn't really go ALL IN per se, but I spent too much.

Moved on to Matt Barnes now. Went to school at my college and got drafted by my team, so it's a win-win. Haven't spent an obscene amount yet, but that red refractor of his ends pretty soon lol. Then I'll just need the 1/1s if I ever get lucky enough to find em
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots

Well I'm praying nimmo doesn't turn out to be a bust..lol.. I'm in pretty good right now money wise..lol. And of course I spent a nice amount on montero last year and now he is a mariner, not my team.

i know a guy that bought 50000 1989 andy benes rookies, and 50000 jerome walton rookies. in his defense, he also bought close to 8k topps bonds rookies

(01-28-2012, 07:36 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i know a guy that bought 50000 1989 andy benes rookies, and 50000 jerome walton rookies. in his defense, he also bought close to 8k topps bonds rookies
Wow! That's crazy. How would one even go about buying a 50,000 lot of the same card, I wonder? -Hope he sold high on the BondsWink
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I kept just every Andrew Miller card I pulled, and traded/sold just about every Tulowitzki that same year...
[Image: signature-1.jpg]

Maybin a bust? Are you kidding me?

A bought tons of Sean Burroughs when he was coming up. Never again!

Jason Place.

Bought all the Refractors, XFractors, and Blue Refractors I could find. Including a fair amount of BGS 9.5's. I was hoping when he signed with the Yankees last year, he might stick and I might get some money.

Now all the cards are just sitting in a box. Still too early to give up. He might find a late surge and stick with a team.

I definitely wouldn't call Maybin a bust just yet. Mine is Lars Anderson though. Bought a bunch of auto's of him and I think I have traded them all away now. Never again will I go for on a prospect again.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

I remember reading in the paper back in 1989 about some kid who bought 40,000 Gary Sheffield rookies for $30,000. Where he got the $30k, I have no idea.

My big rookie bust was Luis Medina, but I only bought about 100 of them.
[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]