`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice on shipping cards.

Need advice on shipping cards.
What's the most cost effective way to ship cards?
I just started selling cards on the Bay and want to know what's the best route to use. I've already took a couple of losses for under charging customers. Today, took some cards to the post office and bought their bubble mailer. Placed 4 individual top loaders in one. Paid for First-class shipping and was charged total of $3.31.
Now, if I would've opted to track the package, I would pay more than the $3.31 for shipping 4 cards???!!!
So, how can I keep cost down and not scare away customers with high shipping costs? Is it better to buy bubble mailers in bulk and ship from home? How do you guys do it? Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

RE: Need advice on shipping cards.
Yeah you cant buy mailers from the PO. I pay around 8 cents for each mailer. Then you gotta print of the labels on ebay or paypal. Will be less than $2
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Well I dont pay for bubble mailers anymore I have way to many to count but Sam's Club/Costco would be a good place to start for bulk. Get some team bags from a LCS and if you buy packs keeps the blank inserts for added protection inside the team bag.

Paypal shipping is 1.64 2-3 ozs which has free delivery confirmation now. So on a high end figure 1.00 for mailer your shipping costs is 2.99 roughly.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

Yeah my total shipping and fees are covered and I charge $1.99

(01-27-2012, 11:27 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Yeah my total shipping and fees are covered and I charge $1.99
My shipping is free since its fairly cheap since I dont have to pay for mailers.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

(01-27-2012, 11:32 PM)onemanstanding Wrote: My shipping is free since its fairly cheap since I dont have to pay for mailers.
well im sure you had to pay for them at some point? haha. And It technically costs me nothing to ship since buyers pay for it lol. LIke I said I have 8 cents in mailers, $1.64 to ship, and 5 cents to list. The rest just goes towards final value fees

(01-27-2012, 11:21 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Yeah you cant buy mailers from the PO. I pay around 8 cents for each mailer. Then you gotta print of the labels on ebay or paypal. Will be less than $2
Thanks to all for the fast replies! Which mailers are you referring to that cost 8 cents? And someone mentioned using Paypal's service for labels. Is this perferred over Ebay's labels, or they both the same?
I've received some ridiculous methods of delivery as a buyer myself. Yesterday, I received a standard envelope with a card wrapped in paper-not even a loader!!!
Im sure I'll eventually get this down as an art, but right now it's quite frustrating....

Yea basically what they have said when u print it through ebay or paypal its gonna be roughly around 1.75 to ship.Def use team packs to ship them in and you can even ask your LCS for duds,thats where I get all of mine lol their kid just uses them for toys,other than that they arent used and just thrown away.

Now looking in your customers best interest I can tell ya from personal experience,if shipping is $3.00 i'll click the back button and look elsewhere.

They are the same. I use both. And I dont know the seller off hand buy I buy 1000 at a time

^^^^Wow, I just answered my own question about mailer costs. Saw some online - 100 mailers for $12. Jeez, I paid well over a buck for one at the PO.