`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Very Game Used Day That Makes Me Feel Like "Szuper"man! (Scans aplenty)

A Very Game Used Day That Makes Me Feel Like "Szuper"man! (Scans aplenty)
Well, here is good ole' Bruce, your beloved IrbeFan4Life, back into posting a show and tell thread after a one-month long absence from that.

I started a sale thread over on SCF before Christmas in order to pay for some Christmas gifts. It was a success. After that went over so well, I spotted an epic piece of memorabilia for my #2 collection (#2 not because it is crappy, but because it is behind my Arturs Irbe one). After continuing the thread and selling off several cards, I have finally managed to get my dream item:

These...no, they are new into the Szuper PC, but the gold is shown right afterwards.

2002-03 BAP Memorabilia Atlantic City Expo #/10 (x2)

[Image: 0203szuperbapmematlanticexpo.jpg]

Now this is where the point of such a prolonged sale thread is made. It is in the success of my sales and with the kindness of other members that this cornerstone Levente Szuper PC day is upon me. Here it is, after an age-old hunt, a Levente Szuper game-used jersey. This Set 1, Saint John Flames home jersey was worn by Szuper in his first pro-season in North America (2000-01). It lasted through many games and faced many a shot...and it is also Meigray certified. So, do not avert your eyes, for this light will not blind you, it will enrich your day.

Notice the saturation of puck-marks on it, a dream come true as I slowly take the step away from cards and into the world of GU memorabilia.

Front:

[Image: szuperjsyfront.jpg]

[Image: szuperjsyfrontclose.jpg]

[Image: szuperjsyfrontalternative.jpg]

[Image: szuperjsybottom.jpg]

[Image: szuperjsyrightsleeve.jpg]

[Image: szuperjsyleftsleeveclose.jpg]

Back:

[Image: szuperjsyback.jpg]

[Image: szuperjsybackclose.jpg]

[Image: szuperjsyleftsleeve.jpg]

Shoulders:

[Image: szuperjsyshoulder1.jpg]

[Image: szuperjsyshoulder2.jpg]

Comments are more than welcome since this quest for Szuper GU has been a long one. Thanks to everyone who bought cards from me, you made this possible!

RE: A Very Game Used Day That Makes Me Feel Like "Szuper"man! (Scans aplenty)
Awesome addition to your pc. It's a great feeling when you find a pc card you've been long looking for......but multiply that time a billion when you get a gamer!!!! They are like crack...but more addictive!!!! I just finalized a deal for two more earlier today !! I can't wait for them to arrive next week to show them off.

Congrats on the pickup and awesome addition to the pc!!! Can't wait until the arrival of your NEXT one!!!
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

sweet gamer Bruce

are you are going frame it?
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(01-27-2012, 07:29 PM)pens fan addict Wrote: Awesome addition to your pc. It's a great feeling when you find a pc card you've been long looking for......but multiply that time a billion when you get a gamer!!!! They are like crack...but more addictive!!!! I just finalized a deal for two more earlier today !! I can't wait for them to arrive next week to show them off.

Congrats on the pickup and awesome addition to the pc!!! Can't wait until the arrival of your NEXT one!!!
Game-used stuff are so awesome words cannot express it. Currently, I am eyeing another jersey of a "cup of tea" NHL goalie. It won't be a "week from now" type of purchase, but it will be in the near future. I am also getting into TTMs at the moment (2 have been sent out this week).
(01-27-2012, 08:03 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: sweet gamer Bruce

are you are going frame it?
This will probably be sans frame. It would do it an injustice to hide one side inside of a frame. It will be placed into an appropriately climatized closet along with its two friends...Fitzpatrick and Irbe.

(01-27-2012, 08:31 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: This will probably be sans frame. It would do it an injustice to hide one side inside of a frame. It will be placed into an appropriately climatized closet along with its two friends...Fitzpatrick and Irbe.
oh ok make sense

I love the double side frames for some jerseys but that is great company

(01-27-2012, 08:37 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: oh ok make sense

I love the double side frames for some jerseys but that is great company
I like the double-sided frames as well, but I have no space to free hang anything in my house.

Having said that, the Irbe may end up in a frame since it is game-issued and not full of puck marks that need to be appreciated. The Fitzpatrick and the Szuper, however, will stay in the closet until I move out and get a bigger house with actual space for fun stuff like that.

make sense

congrats

Szuper pickups !!! I have always loved his name, on of the coolest names in all of sports. The gamer is a great find. Love all the puck marks. Congrats!!!
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

Great additions Bruce!

That jersey looks awesome.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

Awesome gamer. Congrats and best of luck to future finds.