`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: ebay advice

RE: OT: ebay advice
I would ding for communication also, but that's about it. I left a guy a neutral yesterday because my card took 21 business days to arrive. I understand that stuff happens, but 4 weeks + is not acceptable shipping time IMO.

a 1 or 2 star rating for any of the DSR hurts "Top Seller" status on eBay. They could lose their 20% fee discount, if they get 2-3 in a month i believe.
http://i.imgur.com/txv1n.png - I have earned over $700 Amazon.com Gift Certificates, used towards buying boxes, PM me if you want to learn how!

(01-26-2012, 10:42 AM)soccerscrub Wrote: the only thing I would ding him on (if you really want) would be communication. Only because he never responded. At the end of the day though, if you got what you wanted, waiting a few extra days is no real big deal.
+1
Matt Holliday Refractors -75/162 - 46.3%
2006 UC Ensemble Triple Auto 69/87 - 79.0%
2007 UD Future Stars Triple Auto 11/18 - 61.0%
2007 SS Dual Auto Brwn Glv/Blk Ink 7/34 - 20.5%
[Image: TXqak.png]

(01-26-2012, 02:03 PM)Scratchii Wrote: a 1 or 2 star rating for any of the DSR hurts "Top Seller" status on eBay. They could lose their 20% fee discount, if they get 2-3 in a month i believe.
Yep - and people who take 10 days to ship and/or communicate aren't "Top Sellers".

I'm very sympathetic to how rough Ebay sellers have it nowadays...I cut them a lot of slack on a lot of things...but not self-inflicted wounds.

If the seller had sent a quick note "Hey...sorry I had ________ come up and I'm not going to be able to ship for a few days." I wouldn't hold it against them at all.

If the seller lists in their auction text "I work 12 hour days for the next week so shipping may be slow". Fine...no problem.

But when there's no communication and excessively delayed shipping (10 days is excessive), they have no one to blame but themselves if they lose their "Top Seller" discounts/placement.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(01-26-2012, 02:21 PM)ceocards Wrote: Yep - and people who take 10 days to ship and/or communicate aren't "Top Sellers".

I'm very sympathetic to how rough Ebay sellers have it nowadays...I cut them a lot of slack on a lot of things...but not self-inflicted wounds.

If the seller had sent a quick note "Hey...sorry I had ________ come up and I'm not going to be able to ship for a few days." I wouldn't hold it against them at all.

If the seller lists in their auction text "I work 12 hour days for the next week so shipping may be slow". Fine...no problem.

But when there's no communication and excessively delayed shipping (10 days is excessive), they have no one to blame but themselves if they lose their "Top Seller" discounts/placement.
+100

I have bought cards 2 days ago with free shipping that have arrived already....now thats a top seller
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127