[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

RE: Favorite card
My new favorite card came in today,
cost me a whole 10.50 shipped. I was Pretty pumped

[Image: Pistons.jpg]

sweet holo jordan

(01-24-2012, 08:47 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: Hey, those shouldn't be in magnetic holders. They will get damaged. Put them all in toploaders!
why would those get damaged in magnetic holders?
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(01-27-2012, 08:02 AM)vgqv Wrote: why would those get damaged in magnetic holders?
These are die-cuts. It will bring damage on the top edge and corners of a card if they can move inside the magnetic holders. If you use the correct size, then I guess it wouldn't or if you use a card sleeve folded in half and placed it on the back of the card, then I guess it wouldn't.

Somebody posted that many people hate or dislike PSA holders because the card inside gets some damage due to some movement inside.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(01-27-2012, 08:02 AM)vgqv Wrote: why would those get damaged in magnetic holders?
They dont if you have the correct size. I have one of them in a holder with a penny sleeve laying flat over it to keep the card still. I really just need to buy the correct size for that one. They really don't move if you have the right size of holder.

If you have a holder that is a little big......the die cut sections of the card are more susceptible to damage than a traditional card because the die cut portion of the card has a smaller area to come into contact with the edge of the holder when the card moves inside of the magnetic holder.

This is something to watch for in most die cut cards when storing them in magnetic holders. I have seen edge chipping due to this. None of the bad edged SOTT cards I have were from that. The set has a tough time getting a good edge grade anyway.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Billy Zabka Card
Photobucket
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(01-27-2012, 12:47 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: These are die-cuts. It will bring damage on the top edge and corners of a card if they can move inside the magnetic holders. If you use the correct size, then I guess it wouldn't or if you use a card sleeve folded in half and placed it on the back of the card, then I guess it wouldn't.

Somebody posted that many people hate or dislike PSA holders because the card inside gets some damage due to some movement inside.
Thanks
(01-27-2012, 01:52 PM)got watcha want Wrote: They dont if you have the correct size. I have one of them in a holder with a penny sleeve laying flat over it to keep the card still. I really just need to buy the correct size for that one. They really don't move if you have the right size of holder.

If you have a holder that is a little big......the die cut sections of the card are more susceptible to damage than a traditional card because the die cut portion of the card has a smaller area to come into contact with the edge of the holder when the card moves inside of the magnetic holder.

This is something to watch for in most die cut cards when storing them in magnetic holders. I have seen edge chipping due to this. None of the bad edged SOTT cards I have were from that. The set has a tough time getting a good edge grade anyway.
Thanks
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv