Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prince Fielder signs with Detroit Tigers

RE: Prince Fielder signs with Detroit Tigers
anyone interested in this then?
Photobucket

(01-24-2012, 03:28 PM)charbs1111 Wrote: Thats a bit homerish...not even close.
I'll just overlook the fact you're a Minnesota fan... not even close? Arguably the best pitcher, and 2 of the top 10 hitters in the league.
Collecting

Calvin Johnson | Base : 7 | RC : 1 | GU : 1
Matthew Stafford | Base : 13 | RC : 12 | GU : 0
Detroit Red Wings
Prince Fielder

Excellent trader list : totally sports, roostersclassics11, megatron1764

Quite a coup for the Tigers, though 9 years seems a little dangerous. It'll be pretty cool when/if his dad makes it to Comerica for a game.
(01-24-2012, 03:28 PM)charbs1111 Wrote: Thats a bit homerish...not even close.
I'd say they're up there. They had a pretty good run last year. And those 3 are relatively young, too.

Awesome. I think my Verlander cards just went up in value.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(01-24-2012, 03:32 PM)FJB1994 Wrote: I'll just overlook the fact you're a Minnesota fan... not even close? Arguably the best pitcher, and 2 of the top 10 hitters in the league.
Please explain how having one great pitcher, and 2 good hitters makes them the best team in the MLB, i wouldnt even say they are the strongest in the AL.

Better hope Prince can stay healthy for the contract.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

Who in your opinion IS the best in the AL? I do know one thing for sure, the Cardinals are gonna suck this year Big Grin
Collecting

Detroit Red Wings
Prince Fielder

(01-24-2012, 03:51 PM)FJB1994 Wrote: Who in your opinion IS the best in the AL? I do know one thing for sure, the Cardinals are gonna suck this year Big Grin
This alone tells me your some Homer who doesnt follow baseball.

Please explain your reasoning behind this comment?

Angels, and Rangers are both much stronger teams IMO then the Tigers.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

Ok please just relax a bit on this. The Angels are probably the best team overall in the American League going into this year. Especially with the pitching that they have. Plus they added the BEST HITTER in MLB to their team.

The Tigers on the other hand are in good shape now they can move victor for more pitching or another bat. Plus they have a lot of good young arms out there. The tigers are now top 3 in the American League IMO
Looking for Highend Pujols/Chipper/Longo

Also looking for a new sweet banner, i will provide all the pictures just need someone to put together a sweet one !

Rangers aren't gonna make it to the World Series 3 years in a row... and the Angels will be good, but they aren't gonna be better than the Tigers...

Explain my reasoning behind the comment about the Cardinals? they lost the only great player they have, and they'll be average this year... anyways.
Collecting

Detroit Red Wings
Prince Fielder

(01-24-2012, 03:50 PM)Krangry Wrote: Please explain how having one great pitcher, and 2 good hitters makes them the best team in the MLB, i wouldnt even say they are the strongest in the AL.

Better hope Prince can stay healthy for the contract.
Fister is a really underrated pitcher headed for an even better season. Scherzer and Porcello are pretty good options at 3 and 4, as well. For everyday players, there's more than just Fielder and Cabrera. Even with Martinez out for the year, they can have Inge & Cabrera split DH/3B, Peralta is a solid SS. Boesch, Austin Jackson, and a full year of Delmon Young in the outfield has the potential to be pretty productive as well.

I'd say the Rangers still have the best top-to-bottom lineup in the AL, but their pitching is more than a few notches below Detroit's.