`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prince Fielder signs with Detroit Tigers

RE: Prince Fielder signs with Detroit Tigers
(01-25-2012, 04:01 PM)FJB1994 Wrote: The Brewers also lose Braun for 50 games. Brewers will not be a .500 team. sorry bro
you evaluate teams too much on their star players. While Braun and Fielder were their core, the brewers are a very talented team. Greinke and gallardo will be dominate next year. The back end of their bullpen is fantastic, and ramirez, hart, weeks, morgan, gonzalez and company can hold down the fort until Braun gets back. and that's IF he is suspended
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

(01-25-2012, 04:27 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: you evaluate teams too much on their star players. While Braun and Fielder were their core, the brewers are a very talented team. Greinke and gallardo will be dominate next year. The back end of their bullpen is fantastic, and ramirez, hart, weeks, morgan, gonzalez and company can hold down the fort until Braun gets back. and that's IF he is suspended
Dont bother responding bro, talking to this kid is like banging your head against the wall. Cards are going to break 500 according to him.

We will let the season speak for itself.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

[quote='charbs1111' pid='1868803' dateline='1327469424']

My type? The type that is right? Find me one, just one, 35 year old player coming off a season long injury that was traded for anything decent. Just one.

As for him being coveted last year, there were three teams after him. That was with him coming off a huge year, not a year where he hit 12 HRs, whcih will be two years now when he plays again, and not a year where he didnt even play. Congrats, a player Jason Heyward is actually worth more than.

Ok i didn't say that he would be traded for some superstar, but his trade value when he comes back is not mediocre. He will yield either a middle of the road starter or a solid prospect in return. You can bash on heyward all you want, great the guy had a bad year big deal. There are so many people on here that have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to baseball, not saying that you don't but there are a lot of brainless people on here. Especially when people say Pujols wasn't a big part of the cardinals winning the world series or that berkman will have a better year than he had this year. I don't mind the debate coming from you because you do make a few valid points, but you started it by saying that all my comments towards this were garbage and you must have mistaken me for others on this topic.
Looking for Highend Pujols/Chipper/Longo

Also looking for a new sweet banner, i will provide all the pictures just need someone to put together a sweet one !

(01-24-2012, 04:19 PM)FJB1994 Wrote: I think it'll be

Reds
Cards
Pirates
Astros
Brewers

Cards go 81-81.
If you're such a baseball genius, where are the cubs on this list?
and I can give you this, the tigers will be top 10, but thats a joke if you think they'll be number 1. I'd bet any amount of money tigers WILL NOT WIN THE WORLD SERIES.
collecting Cheslor Cuthbert.
I can 50/50 midwest league autos.
[Image: chesbatting-2-1.jpg]

(01-25-2012, 03:59 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: So if anyone already said this, i'm sorry, i only read the first four pages. i watched the Tigers be called the best team in the mlb. not even close. anyone remember who led the al in wins last year? the yankees. and who did they add? kuroda and pineda. In addition, the phillies only won 102 games last year. no big. The angels, rangers, and red sox could also finish better than the tigers. i'm sorry, they aren't the best team. secondly, i saw someone rate nl east as 1. reds 2. cubs 3. pirates 4. cardinals 5. brewers 6. Astros. are you kidding me?????? that alone should prove you watch ten baseball games a year. the cubs are AWFUL. oh, and can someone remind me who won the NL Central last year? the brewers. they lost fielder, but gained aramis ramirez. certainly not the same player, but will offset some of the pain. Rickie weeks will be healthy. The cardinals and brewers will not be finishing fourth and fifth. reds, cardinals, and brewers will be the top three, and all will compete
Not claiming the Tigers are the best team in baseball but who was it that knocked the Yankers out of the playoffs last year? Oh wait, it was the TigersSmile

Dang, a direct shot. Brainless?? Every fan is goingto have a different perspective. I for one dont think Pujols contributed as much as hes given credit for. Woukd love to hear ther Cardinals fans opinions.

Cant wait for the season.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(01-25-2012, 05:13 PM)Krangry Wrote: Dang, a direct shot. Brainless?? Every fan is goingto have a different perspective. I for one dont think Pujols contributed as much as hes given credit for. Woukd love to hear ther Cardinals fans opinions.

Cant wait for the season.
That wasn't directed towards you man. There is a few people that made comments on this issue that don't even have a clue. You have a few valid points but I just disagree with a few. But you know as well as do that only about 70 % of people know what they are talking about on this issue.

Also looking for a new sweet banner, i will provide all the pictures just need someone to put together a sweet one !

(01-25-2012, 02:22 PM)alexs64 Wrote: Prince has played for the Tigers since he was in the 3rd grade and weighed in at a mere 160 lbs.

[Image: hKz2Y.jpg]
Pretty funny too that his Dad plays for the Tigers and he is on the field with fellow Tigers players sporting some god-awful-looking Cubs pants.

(01-25-2012, 12:27 PM)piyn Wrote: Everything i have seen so far is saying that Cabrera and Fielder will split time between dh and 1B. If inge can hit then he will stay at third and or split time there with Kelly. Defensively Inge is one of the better ones. They will probably have Andy Dirks around to take care of late inning defensive replacements in the outfield so Young's lack of range shouldn't hurt us to bad. Besides until all the players report for spring training nobody knows what kind of shape these players are in. Our bigger players could have trimmed down a bit.

As far as C.J. Wilson goes yes he is better than most of our starters. That is why he is a number one pitcher. The rest of our rotation is pretty decent and Fister's WAR average over the last three years I think is misleading. He spent most of that time pitching in Seattle with little support compared to what he recieved in his time in here in Detroit. I think he is a very solid number 2 pitcher. But it doesn't matter how good your starting pitchers are if they can't stay healthy and have no run support.
ESPN article this morning states that Cabrera is moving back to 3B.

I think Wilson and his numbers are over-rated and inflated. I am so glad the Yankees didn't pursue him as obviously with his All-Star Game and Playoff appearances he proved he can't win a big game that counts. He would have been eaten alive in NY.

Giants shirt/cubs Joey F Cubs pants and a tigers hat lol. Also for people that are concerned about his weight and staying healthy. Fielder has played in at least 158 games in his last 5 seasons. That's more than a lot of other major leaguers that are in a lot better shape. Plus if he needs a break than he can always DH for a day. IMO I think Pujols went to the Angels for that reason, because later in his 10 year contract he can be in the lineup everyday hitting in order to break the records he is going to break. He won't have to focus on the taxing 1B position everyday or even at all.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Plus the money was nice in his contract don't get me wrong

Fielder has avoided the omnipresent lateral oblique injury that more lean and muscular players suffer. The Indians had five different players suffer this injury last season. Cliff Lee has had this injury a couple times. The big guys like Fielder, that look like they could play in a softball beer league are more durable.
I haven't compared player BMI stats with team disabled lists, just an observation.