`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: My Son swears in US Army and leaves for Basic Today

RE: OT: My Son swears in US Army and leaves for Basic Today
(01-24-2012, 06:11 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Oh great, an officer...........

Smile
+1!!. As an enlisted person I couldnt agree more!,

Big T Congrats to your family. Also welcome to the military family. PM if you have any questions.

Jeremy

Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

As a retired USAF MSgt (25yrs) I salute your sons unselfish choice to join the finest military in the world!
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

Best of Luck and many prayers to your son! His commitment to our country is well thanked!
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

I was just 18 years old when i enlisted in the Marines and was 19 when i saw combat. Serving 10 years was the best thing i could have ever done in my life because it prepared me to be on my own and it prepared me for life. I know it pained you a little to see your boy get sworn in because i seen that familiar face on my parents many years ago. You have done your duty as a parent and raised a fine young man. It will be rough for him at first but he will get the swing of things and before you know it he will come home a polished man leaving the boy who got sworn in behind. I wish him the best of luck and my thoughts are with you. Remember he is not allowed to have mail during basic (Makes men homesick) So write all your thoughts and send them to him when he is able to receive mail. Keep us posted on his progress.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

Im active duty AF right now 8 years so far, its a adventure alot of fun. Builds you into a strong independant responsible adult. Something worth being proud of. Congrates to you and your son, Wish him the best and remind him basic is a game, the drill instructors are just doing there job haha.

Brad
Looking for Erick Fedde cards, currently working on the 14 bowman sterling.

I don't usually pay much attention to the baseball forums but this one sure caught my attention. I agree with everyone else on here. Thank God for the brave men and women like your son and all the ones that are on here that are in active duty or retired. God Bless all of you and your families and we pray that HE will put a special hedge of protection around each and every one of you. Our prayers go out for you.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.........

Your son in an asset to our country. Thank you for raising him well.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

I'm retiring from the Navy after 22 years in April. It is definitely a good feeling knowing that there are still young men/women that are willing to step up to the plate. The boy that you saw sworn in will return as a man. You will be amazed at the difference. Congratulations and God Bless!
[Image: chipper.jpg]

Collect Atlanta Braves cards/memorabilia. Chipper Jones and ROY autographs (107/130). Currently looking for 2004 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch cards of Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, or both that I need.

Congrats, BigT. I wish your son well and offer thanks and gratitude for his service, you must be a proud Father today.

(01-24-2012, 05:23 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Congrats! This is a great thing that he is doing, and something that actually a very small percentage of Americans do. You have every right to be proud and I know he's going to love it. What's his MOS?

RLE,

Thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated. His MOS is 68-W, Medic. He will be going to AIT at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio Texas.

(01-24-2012, 06:03 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: As a retired Naval Officer..
I salute your son..
God Bless and God Speed!!!
Thanks bonds20001! Much appreciated. Thanks to you for your service.
(01-24-2012, 07:18 AM)beginesj Wrote: +1!!. As an enlisted person I couldnt agree more!,

Big T Congrats to your family. Also welcome to the military family. PM if you have any questions.

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy. I will definitely keep you in mind if I have questions.

Terry

(01-24-2012, 10:29 AM)1969metsfan Wrote: As a retired USAF MSgt (25yrs) I salute your sons unselfish choice to join the finest military in the world!
Thanks 1969metsfan. I appreciate the kind words. Thanks to you for your service.
(01-24-2012, 10:45 AM)sonnyday Wrote: Best of Luck and many prayers to your son! His commitment to our country is well thanked!
Thanks sonnyday! I appreciate the kind words.

(01-24-2012, 11:01 AM)yankeeempire Wrote: I was just 18 years old when i enlisted in the Marines and was 19 when i saw combat. Serving 10 years was the best thing i could have ever done in my life because it prepared me to be on my own and it prepared me for life. I know it pained you a little to see your boy get sworn in because i seen that familiar face on my parents many years ago. You have done your duty as a parent and raised a fine young man. It will be rough for him at first but he will get the swing of things and before you know it he will come home a polished man leaving the boy who got sworn in behind. I wish him the best of luck and my thoughts are with you. Remember he is not allowed to have mail during basic (Makes men homesick) So write all your thoughts and send them to him when he is able to receive mail. Keep us posted on his progress.
Thanks yankeeempire! It was both a sad and happy day yesterday. I do look forward to meeting the man my son will become. I appreciate the kind words and advice. Thanks so much for your service as well.
(01-24-2012, 11:10 AM)ozziefan04 Wrote: Im active duty AF right now 8 years so far, its a adventure alot of fun. Builds you into a strong independant responsible adult. Something worth being proud of. Congrates to you and your son, Wish him the best and remind him basic is a game, the drill instructors are just doing there job haha.

Brad
Brad, Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated. Thanks to you for your service as well.
(01-24-2012, 11:22 AM)kevinr Wrote: I don't usually pay much attention to the baseball forums but this one sure caught my attention. I agree with everyone else on here. Thank God for the brave men and women like your son and all the ones that are on here that are in active duty or retired. God Bless all of you and your families and we pray that HE will put a special hedge of protection around each and every one of you. Our prayers go out for you.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.........
Thanks kevinr. I really appreciate your kind words. God Bless each and every one of our service members. Thanks to all of you who have or are currently serving the Greatest Country in thew World.

(01-24-2012, 12:45 PM)beatles guy Wrote: Your son in an asset to our country. Thank you for raising him well.
Thanks beatles guy. You have no idea how much those words mean to me.
(01-24-2012, 02:00 PM)chipper4president Wrote: I'm retiring from the Navy after 22 years in April. It is definitely a good feeling knowing that there are still young men/women that are willing to step up to the plate. The boy that you saw sworn in will return as a man. You will be amazed at the difference. Congratulations and God Bless!
Thanks chipper4president. Your kind words mean a lot. Much appreciated. Thanks for your service and ENJOY your retirement. You have earned it!
(01-24-2012, 05:32 PM)dkotart Wrote: Congrats, BigT. I wish your son well and offer thanks and gratitude for his service, you must be a proud Father today.
Thanks dkotart. Much appreciated. I am very proud. I dont think I have stopped smiling since yesterday. LOL
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.