`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
measurement tolerance help please

measurement tolerance help please
Can anyone tell me what the measure tolerance is for cards? I use to send cards in a couple years ago for grading but stop after one shipment came back with 12 of the 18 cards i sent in stating they where below measurement tolerance. I was furious and gave up on getting cards graded since cause that was over 100 down the drain. The label on the cards i received back didn't say anything about detected shaving or the cards being trimmed just that they were below tolerance. I'm thinking about getting cards graded again but I like to know what the tolerance is so I can measure the cards myself before I send them in so I don't throw money down the drain again. Thanks for any help

RE: measurement tolerance help please
I'm not sure exactly what the size is that they go by before they give it a "below measurement tolerance" but I'd find a number on the grading part of the site and see if someone there could give you an answer. I don't think anybody here (unless a grader is reading this) is going to know for certain.

I forwarded the question to grading a few hours ago. Will post the answer as soon as I get it.
IT Guy

(01-23-2012, 03:58 PM)it guy Wrote: I forwarded the question to grading a few hours ago. Will post the answer as soon as I get it.
Thank you... I am curious in regards to this information as well. VERY HELPFUL!!!

I appreciate the effort.

Thanks for the help i.t. guy looking forward to a answer.

(01-23-2012, 03:58 PM)it guy Wrote: I forwarded the question to grading a few hours ago. Will post the answer as soon as I get it.

Just got the answer from Grading.

The manufacturer specifies for each set the produce, what the width and height of the cards are in that set. Anything that is shorter or narrower than what the manufacturer says it's supposed to be it "outside measurement tolerance". If grading starts to see multiple instances of cards in a particular set that are smaller than they should be, the contact the manufacturer and ask about it. Sometimes the manufacturer tells grading, quote: "a few sheets got out of whack a bit and some cards can be a bit off by X amount". Sometimes manufacturers notify us of cases like that before we call them. The tolerances are then adjusted in our system.

Clearly the idea here is that if the manufacture says "Every card in this set is exactly 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches", then if you come across a 3.45 by 2.45 it is highly likely to have been altered.

IT Guy

thank you!!