`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremely Fishy THE CUP sell prices

Extremely Fishy THE CUP sell prices
can someone at least attempt to explain this one..? book is 40/100 on this card.. with bottom book being the average you'll see on ebay. The one with the nicer wheel patch sells for $280.. now I understand the desire there for a cool patch but this card is not worth that amount.. as a wings collector I can tell you this is not really a rare patch either because of how busy the red wings emblem is.
Then if you go and look at all of this seller's other items.. something similar is happening with those too. Who is this guy? Some super prominent seller ? Or just a crazy shill bidder?

[Image: wtf.jpg]
Link below
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUSTIN-ABDELKADE...20c13d94b8

Collecting Detroit Lions, Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers, UFC cards
Hockey Auto's of Kopitar, Dustin Brown, Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Jonathan Quick, Giroux, Toews, Kane
http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l537/any4forsberg/

RE: Extremely Fishy THE CUP sell prices
I would guess shill bidding

I thought that too.. but how many idiots does it take to shill. At least one person willing to pay that much for it. There were actually at least 3 different people with bids over $200.. and looking at his other auctions, the same applies on those too.

You know, taking a look again at the patches.. these could very well be fake patch jobs too. He has at least 5 "eyeball" patches at quick glance. The patch material is not high quality consistant with the patches you see on other cards. You can see alot of the zig zag threading in them, which is more like what you see on those cheap little souvenir patches with very low thread counts.

heres an example:
[Image: %24(KGrHqJ,!iYE7S(u0t5SBPGNtTtnqw~~60_12.JPG][Image: %24(KGrHqV,!n0E8VMZd)KbBPGNsZ2cwQ~~60_12.JPG]
correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't see any NHL official patches with that low quality of a stitching.

Here are some legit patches from another seller.. you can tell there's a big difference. These are very soft and smoothe looking.
[Image: %24(KGrHqJ,!lYE4l,7pGK7BOO2gvm)P!~~0_3.JPG]

Some of them look real, others look fake. I'm not saying ALL are fake however.
Collecting Detroit Lions, Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers, UFC cards
Hockey Auto's of Kopitar, Dustin Brown, Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Jonathan Quick, Giroux, Toews, Kane
http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l537/any4forsberg/

I just checked my 2007-08 The Cup-Jaroslav Halak RC for the stitching, and it has the zig-zag stitching on it. I compared it to my replica Montreal Canadiens Jersey, and the stitching is different...

Whereas the The Cup patch has stitching that looks like this around the outer edge of the logo:
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

The replica Jersey has stitching that looks like this around the outer edge of the logo:
_._._._._._._._._._._

It seems that the real patches use that zig-zag stitching. I don't know what to tell you. For one collector to have that many unreal and amazing patches in one go is astounding, but you might just have to give him credit for his amazing collection. Could be a former huge fan of The Cup who is selling off his collection due to the poor economy... but it could be a patch faker with a tendency to buy game-used jerseys! Either way, those cards are astounding!

Randi

This particular seller busts case after case after case of the cup over the years (many hundreds - no exaggeration) . People know him and know that the patches he has are legit - so they are willing to buy them at premium. I would suspect repeat business looks like shilling in this case. Or there are a couple of cup collectors who spite bid and drive the others early bids up.
[Image: 00PandPSigpiece2_2424.jpg]

Collecting: Travis Fryman, Champ Bailey, Steve
Largent, Steve Yzerman, Brian Holzinger, Mike Johnson and Jordan Sigalet.

there's no question on the authenticity of these patches. this seller is easily one of the best in the hobby and on average breaks about 80-100 cases of Cup each year. he's built up THE best Cup RC sets and is now starting to slowly sell them off.

it's all the other set collectors going crazy over all his stuff that's driving his prices up. all the other guys know he's legit so they bid with confidence. they're also bidding high since they know the best patches don't come around too often like this in one shot.
Email me at SkyFireX47@yahoo.com
[Image: sig6.jpg]

shilling is my guess and as mention above

the seller does have a nice card budget to bust that many cases
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)