`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bought my first MJ lot!

bought my first MJ lot!
OK, as you all know I love busting the wax for the suspense and, by association, am not a big fan of buying singles or lots despite the fact that it would be the much more cost effective way to build my 90's MJ collection.

Well, I finally busted that trend last night! I made an offer on an 8-card lot on the bay that felt pretty low-ball to me but it was accepted right away! The cards are posted below. Out of curiosity, I'm asking what anyone here might have paid for such a lot?? I'll post what I paid after I get a few responses. Thanks in advance for the input!

1993-94 Fleer Sharpshooters #3 (gives me a 2nd for trade bait)

1993-94 Ultra All-NBA #2 (x2; needed one, can use the other to trade)

1995-96 Stadium Club Spike Says #SS1 (this and all others below I needed for my PC)

1996-97 Fleer Stackhouse's All-Fleer #4

1997-98 Topps Chrome Topps 40 #T5

1997-98 Fleer High Flying Soaring Stars #9

1998-99 Hoops Pump Up the Jam #5 (love the look of these despite low bv)
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: bought my first MJ lot!
I would probably say 15-20 (including shipping). The two cards that sell the best are the Sharpshooters and All-NBA and those typically can sell around $5.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

I think nickm is pretty accurate, but I'd say you did a low offer of $10-15 & probably had free shipping on it the auction.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

I'd like say you paid $6.00 to $7.00 with free shipping. Post some scans, please.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(01-21-2012, 08:37 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: I'd like say you paid $6.00 to $7.00 with free shipping. Post some scans, please.
Wow, I wish i paid that little! Nick was on the money. The lot was listed with a buy it now of $40, so I did what any good haggler would do...offered half. Didn't expect it to be accepted so readily. The lot is $161 in bv so that's about 1/8 which I think is pretty reasonable for these.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

(01-21-2012, 10:57 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Wow, I wish i paid that little! Nick was on the money. The lot was listed with a buy it now of $40, so I did what any good haggler would do...offered half. Didn't expect it to be accepted so readily. The lot is $161 in bv so that's about 1/8 which I think is pretty reasonable for these.

Lol. I need to go lower than jpleazme805's $10-$15. Wink

haha what is this, The Price is Right??

(01-22-2012, 12:27 AM)buckunteer Wrote: haha what is this, The Price is Right??
Oh yeah, it surely is! Big GrinHahahaBig Grin

(01-21-2012, 10:57 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Wow, I wish i paid that little! Nick was on the money. The lot was listed with a buy it now of $40, so I did what any good haggler would do...offered half. Didn't expect it to be accepted so readily. The lot is $161 in bv so that's about 1/8 which I think is pretty reasonable for these.
Good deal man! It is crazy how BV plays a role in the sales of some cards and not in others. If it were 1 card with a BV of 160, there is no way that it would have went that low. But with some lower end cards in there, that helps drop the price to get a couple decent cards. Personally I think buying the Sharpshooters and All-NBA for 20 would be a great deal (roughly 1/3 of the BV). So to get all those cards for $20 is a deal! Congrats man!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

that is just a sickeningly sweet deal, congrats bro!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75