`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
? About Jordan RC from a FB guy.

? About Jordan RC from a FB guy.
So I have had a Jordan RC in a 4 screw screwdown for over 10 years now. Recently looked at it and thought about having it sent to BGS for grading looks very good surface/edge/corners to me, centering is 60/40 or so, so I know thats gonna be a hurdle. However, a buddy of mine has told me that there were a ton of fakes out there. How would one know if what you hold is the 'real McCoy' or not?

Thanks
SuperCollecting: Jamie Harper of the TN Titans & Lee Smith Buffalo Bills Patriots 5th rd TE from Marshall. Also TN Titans, Recent Former TN Vols, Ladanian Tomlinson for my 8 yr old son and various others. Sets for 2011 R&S, 2011 Threads, 2011 Inception Base & Blue, 2011 Platinum & Gold, 2011 Finest

RE: ? About Jordan RC from a FB guy.
There are many articles on the fine points out there. The best advice is to purchase a common base card for under $5 somewhere and compare it since no one faked a Bill Cartwright. You could get one of him for a reasonable price, I suggest getting someone from that Bulls team.

Now when comparing the cards, compare the feel and weight of the stock. Also compare the Fleer logos on the front of the card. Fakes are notorious for missing outlines and printing dots on that little logo at the top right on the front of the card.

The usual dead give away for the best counterfeits is the Bulls logo on the back. The eyes should look the same as your cheaper base card of another bulls player. If the eyes of the bull can be made out (pupils and all) then it is probably good, but if the eyes are solid-you have a fake.

The copywright symbol on the back of the card should also be in the same place on both cards. Fakes sometimes have a lower placement of that symbol.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

if you send it for grading, would bgs do the same analysis and only grade if they were sure it was authentic?
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(01-19-2012, 05:50 PM)charbs1111 Wrote: if you send it for grading, would bgs do the same analysis and only grade if they were sure it was authentic?
yes they would but they wouldn't refund your money, so its best to see if you can find out first before submitting it for grading

(01-19-2012, 03:47 PM)TRAVISTURNER Wrote: So I have had a Jordan RC in a 4 screw screwdown for over 10 years now. Recently looked at it and thought about having it sent to BGS for grading looks very good surface/edge/corners to me, centering is 60/40 or so, so I know thats gonna be a hurdle. However, a buddy of mine has told me that there were a ton of fakes out there. How would one know if what you hold is the 'real McCoy' or not?

Thanks
Check Out this link.........

http://bbcemporium.com/1986-fleer-michea...eit-guide/

once again, it would be nice if beckett would put that link in a sticky in the important threads section, something like, is my fleer jordan rc real or fake.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Post a pic and I will tell you if its real or not. Ive basically become an expert and can spot a fake a mile away. Front and back please.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]