`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
BVG vs PSA???

RE: BVG vs PSA???
(02-02-2012, 06:07 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I could care less about UV protection. My cards do not sunbathe and are not stored out in the light and when they do make an appearance in the light, the little time they are out is not going to create the card to shrivel up into dust. SGC and PSA apparently don't need to do anything as they both seem to be doing just fine without it.

The "as is yours" comment was pertaining to the bold/italic part of your post I quoted and had nothing to do with the UV protection.

This additive is good for those who sell at card shows or outdoor where the bright light can effect them over time. For most collectors not really needed. But for the price people pay for card grading they should have the additive.

(02-02-2012, 08:48 AM)scottishpunk Wrote: I usually agree with most of you say on these boards sonnyday, but Beckett holders do have UV protection built into the plastics they use for the slab. I am about 75% sure I am getting out of the whole grading my collection business. I did it mainly for protecting my PC, making sure other people who handle my cards won't damage them. I chose Beckett because they have the strongest holders, but I just can't get myself to send any more in due the poor service of their web site and the non-existent registry. Over one year and nothing!! That is just bad business.

If I were to resell cards, especially anything prior to 1990, you would have to go with PSA. I really hate the look of a PSA case. If SGC gets the ability to slab thicker cards, I would seriously think about them.
Thanks for the compliment! I am surprised I have at least a 75% approval rating...I can be a real a$$ at times, but I am a really just a softy with sausage fingers who types fast.

As for the UV protection. I can't find anything that says they contain UV protection. Show me otherwise and I will believe you.

But I do agree with ricelynnenvans, it should be anon factor. Unless you are attending outdoor card shops in Puerto Vallarta.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(02-02-2012, 09:55 PM)sonnyday Wrote: Thanks for the compliment! I am surprised I have at least a 75% approval rating...I can be a real a$$ at times, but I am a really just a softy with sausage fingers who types fast.

As for the UV protection. I can't find anything that says they contain UV protection. Show me otherwise and I will believe you.

But I do agree with ricelynnenvans, it should be anon factor. Unless you are attending outdoor card shops in Puerto Vallarta.
Over the years have seen faded cards in holders, mainly at fleet market and outdoor events. UV Link on page 1 under my comment, Yes they do.

Here is the link.

http://www.beckett.com/grading/services.asp

(02-02-2012, 10:09 PM)leo1968 Wrote: Over the years have seen faded cards in holders, mainly at fleet market and outdoor events. UV Link on page 1 under my comment, Yes they do.

Here is the link.

http://www.beckett.com/grading/services.asp
Okay, egg on my face! I guess I will be taking my BGS graded cards to the beach!
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(02-02-2012, 10:26 PM)sonnyday Wrote: Okay, egg on my face! I guess I will be taking my BGS graded cards to the beach!
lol

(02-02-2012, 10:26 PM)sonnyday Wrote: Okay, egg on my face! I guess I will be taking my BGS graded cards to the beach!
If I may interject. That's an old list and a few of them no longer apply, but the UV protection has been discussed on here before in another thread. IT Guy said that an amount is added to the plastics to make the slabs. After a certain amount is added to the formula, it begins to change the integrity of the slab. If in doubt, contact IT Guy.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-02-2012, 06:07 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I could care less about UV protection. My cards do not sunbathe and are not stored out in the light and when they do make an appearance in the light, the little time they are out is not going to create the card to shrivel up into dust. SGC and PSA apparently don't need to do anything as they both seem to be doing just fine without it.

The "as is yours" comment was pertaining to the bold/italic part of your post I quoted and had nothing to do with the UV protection.
Have seen PSA and SGC cards suffer damage, it's not just sun light, bright indoor lighting can case issues as well. If your paying all this money for grading, you want the best holder you can get to protect your cards. Rather or not you want UV protection or not is one preference

(11-05-2013, 05:44 PM)LEOG68 Wrote: Have seen PSA and SGC cards suffer damage, it's not just sun light, bright indoor lighting can case issues as well. If your paying all this money for grading, you want the best holder you can get to protect your cards. Rather or not you want UV protection or not is one preference
+34

(11-05-2013, 05:44 PM)LEOG68 Wrote: Have seen PSA and SGC cards suffer damage, it's not just sun light, bright indoor lighting can case issues as well. If your paying all this money for grading, you want the best holder you can get to protect your cards. Rather or not you want UV protection or not is one preference
I'm more interested in an accurate grade. My cards sit in a closed box in the closet which is always dark anyway.

(11-13-2013, 05:25 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I'm more interested in an accurate grade. My cards sit in a closed box in the closet which is always dark anyway.
And that's exactly what you get with Beckett!!