`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe Bryant Ruby PMG from 08'09 SkyBox..

RE: Kobe Bryant Ruby PMG from 08'09 SkyBox..
(01-21-2012, 03:21 PM)quavis Wrote: I don't get it. $680 for that and you can get an auto for a little more than $100........There are some Dumb collectors out there.
Quavis, I wouldn't say that. Collecting is all about what you like. If something is in demand then people will spend more for it. Truthfully we all are kind of crazy for spending money on pictures of men, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

I see your point, but seriously. How much is that going to rise in value? Not much, even in 15 years. They could have gotten two MJ autos that will most likely never fall in value. I understand some people are obsessed, but that is waay to much money for that card. I don't care who you are. There are wise investments and dumb investments. This is a dumb investment hands down, i really dont care if there were only 10 of these, its way too much. Again, you can get a Jersey/auto card /25 for under $200, and maybe even a patch on it. No way to argue it. This is a bad purchase for anyone. There are a bunch of MJ Atomic Refractors for this amount, still too much but at least I see value there. I may have used the word "Dumb" loosely, but that is how I see it.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Which is why I sold the 3 rubies I pulled from packs a couple of weeks ago (I posted about the pulls in the box breaks section). The Nash went for about what I expected, and the Jordan for slightly more. The one that had me shaking my head was the Iverson (shaking my head but seriously grinning). I had no idea that there were some SERIOUS Iverson collectors out there.

As others have said, there are no autos, no jerseys, shoes, or anything like that on them. They are just numbered to 50 and have the name Ruby on them. If the parallel set had been named something else, would there have been anywhere near the clamor for these as there is? Hardly...

To compare: the 07-08 Bowman Chrome Xfractor is numbered to 50 just like the Ruby yet the Ruby lists for 5 times as much. The PMG for 8 times as much for just 10 fewer. I believe the Ruby is a better comparison to the Xfractor as they are both parallels of the base set whereas the PMG is a parallel of an insert. Does this mean the Xfractor is a steal or is the Ruby WAAAAYYYY overpriced, or somewhere in the middle???

Collecting Doug Waechter (118/149), Jared Sandberg (107/125), 1994-95 BB Michael Jordan (69/89), 1977-1997 Eddie Murray (877/943), and Bo Jackson BB/FB 1986-1995 (447/486), 2007 Fleer Mini Gold (126/370). Only completing trades with something on my lists.