`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mint vs. Near/Mint

Mint vs. Near/Mint
Which of these is what I should list my cards as? I've noticed my cards are in the same shape just like most I've received. What is the more appropriate way of listing, because I've seen both sides of it, and it's hard to trade with when my trader isn't listed the same level as mine.

RE: Mint vs. Near/Mint
nm is the default, mint brings a premium on the value. if i was trading with you, i would offer you 20% more (the premium amount) in a trade to make it even if yours were marked as nm. Most wont say its mint unless graded now.I just havent went in and changed mine yet.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(01-18-2012, 12:19 AM)charbs1111 Wrote: nm is the default, mint brings a premium on the value. if i was trading with you, i would offer you 20% more (the premium amount) in a trade to make it even if yours were marked as nm. Most wont say its mint unless graded now.I just havent went in and changed mine yet.

Thanks, I just didn't understand why so many people have it as Mint unless it was graded, because when I was marking mine in the org I was assuming Mint meant graded, because I didn't know how else anyone knew theirs was Mint and not worse.

the default used to be mint, and now its nm or nm+. thats why you see so many that have mint.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

alright thanks.

It is so subjective, I have a real hard time buying or trading cards that are not graded anymore because what one person calls mint someone else would call new mint. Of course the NM MT is supposed to cover you I guess but with graded cards you don't have to guess.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]